Best Sump Pump for Emptying Pool

If you only need it every couple of years it's cheaper to rent than to buy in my opinion. A tool rental place or big box store (Home Depot, Lowes) might be the best place to rent.

Depends. If you want to drain completely and refill, then Dorsal is correct.

If you want to exchange the water, then a 1/2 hp sump pump works great. I have the Superior one I got off Amazon. Harbor freight has some too.

Depends. If you want to drain completely and refill, then Dorsal is correct.

If you want to exchange the water, then a 1/2 hp sump pump works great. I have the Superior one I got off Amazon. Harbor freight has some too.
Ideally both. My pressing issue today is high CYA, but, I also know that this winter I need to replace the water. If I can get a pump that will do both and it's not much more then renting one then I'm fine with owning one.

Marty knows. A significant water drain requires horsepower and time is an issue to protect your pool. Best to rent a big pump and hoses for those infrequent events. A small submersible pump to pull out several inches of water is inexpensive and has other household uses.

A 2” gas powered box store pump will do the job just fine. Put banjo camlock fittings on inlet and and outlet so that its easier to move and store your hoses plus they make caps to lock on and seal it up for storage. Dump the gas when youre done and should last a very long time if stored inside. Make sure you get stiffened hose made for suction on inlet then i would get collapsable/rollable hose for output for the sake of space

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.