AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My pool remodel is nearing completion. I have one thing coming in the mail tomorrow, and then we'll be able to get plaster/pebble installed within the next week or so (working around the holiday).

The pool builder has said he'll leave startup up to me. I'll fill the pool and balance chemicals myself.

It sounds like the bicarb startup method is the best for durable, long-lasting plaster finish. If anyone has experience with doing it, I'd love to hear from you about what to expect, any challenges, etc.

I think I have the gist of how to do it, or how it works, but the method with a barrel with hoses attached seems like a lot for a one-time-use item. I read some more and saw one person who planned to do it with a 5-gallon bucket instead, dissolving a bit of the sodium bicarbonate at a time, and pouring it in. I may try with that method.

Yeah, I have my Taylor K-2006C which I've had for a few years. Just got some fresh reagents for it, as well.

Should I still have the crew do the acid wash after plastering is done? The PB says they are going to do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.