The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I'm going to paint the exposed PVC at my equipment pad.

For those that have used Krylon Fusion or Rust-Oleum 2x, were you satisfied with the results?

Does anyone have a different favorite/recommended brand of paint?

@jesse-99
Instead of the typical "rattle can" method. I went the opposite direction and chose to roll on two coats of BEHR ULTRA Stain-Blocking Paint + Primer in one. Less expensive than spray cans and NO OVERSPRAY on equipment.
Once drop cloths are layed down and a bit of masking around the outer edges of the valve housings and compression fittings are complete, it's a breeze and comes out nice..
If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it exactly the same way.
A30F4DD1-968A-4FA2-BD71-B15F021568B5_1_105_c.jpeg

43B06827-D79B-46B3-9E17-25B9F78B1D30_1_105_c.jpeg

C111CC7F-06B0-40E9-98F6-12C00B2CB47E_1_105_c.jpeg

r.

OMG that is awesome!!!! I want to do that now, and I love your arrow-directional labels! (where did you buy them?)

Reactions: MyAZPool
OMG that is awesome!!!! I want to do that now, and I love your arrow-directional labels! (where did you buy them?)
Thanks!!
The vinyl arrow tape? Where else. Amazon of course. :p
1687978772127.png

Here is the paint info if you're interested in the color. Not quite the "Pentair Sand" color but close. Paint from Home Depot.

BA02E986-32FF-4A56-B64E-77CB1880E95A_1_201_a.jpeg 73677F36-BF68-4120-8234-52DD38CCA449_1_201_a.jpeg

I recommend getting one of these smaller rollers/brushes and then use a typical paint tray and disposable paint tray liner..

5ACEADCA-D083-4860-AF5A-5BA3239EA266_1_102_o.jpeg

Hope this is useful to you and good luck with the painting.
r.

Dang this is awesome, thank you thank you !! for the Amazon link and for the Behr info, I see a Home Depot trip coming this weekend for me!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was thinking of putting a sail over mine but is painting all Of it the better way?

That rolling job looks really sharp!
@BDY
Thanks much!!
Painting certainly helps the pipes themselves but...
Where I live, the sun is brutal to say the least (they don't call it the "Valley of the Sun" for nothing). :p

Since I wanted to protect the investment at my pool equipment pad, I decided to install a "Sun-Away" Pool Equipment Shade as well.
It's been very helpful in keeping a majority of those harmful and extreme UV rays off of my pool equipment.
You can even feel the difference when you come directly out of the sun and enter in to the enclosure.

IMG_4990.JPG IMG_4989.JPG

If you're interested, you can find out more in the link below

Thanks again!!
r.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: KJB1 and an1vrsy
@MyAZPool I actually called them a month ago! (I saw one of your old posts).

They used to serve Texas but pulled out recently due to lack of business 😢

I couldn’t find anyone comparable in Texas to them now…

@MyAZPool I actually called them a month ago! (I saw one of your old posts).

They used to serve Texas but pulled out recently due to lack of business 😢

I couldn’t find anyone comparable in Texas to them now…
@BDY
Ah Rats. Yea, I knew they used to have an operation in the great state of Texas as well as Arizona.
Sorry about that. Unless you can find an alternate type company, the "sail" idea might be your best bet.
Many here, use those as well.
Well, good luck on that.
If you do go with the sail, I'm sure many here would be interested in seeing what your final solution looks like...
Thanks..
r.

Krylon Fusion or Rust-Oleum 2x,
My pb painted with a hodgepodge mix of whatever half empty beige-adjacent spray cans he had on the truck 😳 some rustoleum, some krylon and some Walmart (varius sheens as well 🤦🏾‍♂️). It's held up for a yr this far but I do have a can of the behr @MyAZPool suggested ready for when I am inclined to tackle that mess.
was thinking of putting a sail over mine but is painting all Of it the better way?
My buddy is in Maricopa Az, where it is deemed to hot for even the devil. He used a shade sale stretched on a articulating frame built from pvc. It has survived almost 15yrs of torture.

I’m lucky i can put 3 anchors on fence and one anchor on brick wall i just need to find time to do it before it gets to 105deg each day….

Kicking myself for not prioritizing it in April … 🥵

Uh oh.. (@MyAZPool) I started painting! 3 hours into it. half of the equipment done, with first coat. So I probably have 12 hours ahead of me, ughhhh. but, looking good so far.!

How do you paint the fittings? I mean, you roll the pipes but what about the fittings and bits and bobs. A brush I guess? Foam?

I'm using a brush in those tighter areas. I also have a good number of unions, I thinking about not painting them since they are disconnected sometimes and need a giant adjustable wrench so guessing the paint would just chip off anyways?

Uh oh.. (@MyAZPool) I started painting! 3 hours into it. half of the equipment done, with first coat. So I probably have 12 hours ahead of me, ughhhh. but, looking good so far.!
@jesse-99
Great to hear. Yea, it sounds like you are taking your time and doing it right. It might take a bit longer, but doing so, will ensure a great looking job in the long run.
As you can see from the photos of my pad above, I did NOT paint any of the compression fittings or the valve housings. I just masked those off.
You might have already discovered this... But if you just press down a bit harder on the roller around the edges of the fittings (ells, 45's, adapters, couplings, etc.), the paint will seep into the edges and the cracks.
Masking off the edges of the valve housings and compression fittings will give you nice crisp lines and look super (better than) professional. :goodjob:

Looking forward to seeing the completed job.
Thanks...
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.