Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

AZ people. Fry’s grocery (the bigger stores) has 10% chlorine 2 gallons for 5.99. Date code 18078. (March 18, 2018) :)

Yup! I was bummed out when this went off sale last fall. Works out to be slightly cheaper per oz than the 12.5% refills that A&M Corsons has, and Fry’s has more convenient hours/location too.

What is the best source right now for Eastern Dallas
Suburbs? I just bought a pool and been using Walmart bleach at $2.37 per gallon 6%. Anything better out there?

I have been using the 8.25% Winco store brand since they opened near me a year or so ago. $2 all the time, regularly on sale for $1.75, and sometimes on sale for as low as $1.39. They are 121 oz, not full gallons but calculated out, it is the best deal going.

They sell the plain stuff and right next to it is similar bottles that are scented but don't get that...I checked date codes first few months I bought and they were pretty fresh and I haven't checked in a while but seem to perform like they should...my only complaint is that sometimes they do not have a lot in stock and I like to make a big haul at a time, like 12-15 jugs and sometimes I can only get 4-6.

But check with the customer service and store manager and they can tell you when they get their shipments in for that kind of stuff (Mon-Wed-Fri at my local Winco) and you can plan your visit around that...you might even get them to order you some extra which they offered to me, but as long as I can get by daytime on a Mon-Wed-Fri non-holiday, I can usually be sure to get at least 10--although do feel sheepish if I take all their stock and leave none for people that actually need to bleach their clothes or clean their toilets with it!!! HAHAHA!

If you are in East Dallas, then I think the Garland store at Centerville and 635 is going to be the closest--might be a bit of a drive depending how deep you are in East Dallas, but Winco is the bomb for most of my staple groceries, so you could do more than just bleach there. I LOVE their dry goods and spices bulk bins--use a lot of variety of spices and they are fresher and far cheaper (like 1/4 the cost) of buying spices in bottles off the shelf. Their produce is usually pretty good too and meat can be ok depending on what you are looking for. I still like a real butcher for a good steak and sprouts for most of my fresh veges but Winco gets the bulk of my grocery business--and ALL of my bleach business!!! (Not an employee or major investor in Winco, just a pleased customer!)

- - - Updated - - -

What is the best source right now for Eastern Dallas
Suburbs? I just bought a pool and been using Walmart bleach at $2.37 per gallon 6%. Anything better out there?

Oops, just looked closer...you are in Rowlett, so Garland not too bad. Have family on Rowlett off 66 and it is 15-20 minutes in normal traffic from their house to the Garland Winco.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tom, my HDepot in Lewisville and Denton sell it 3 full gallons of 10% for $9.99...and unlike chayne's neighbor who most likely bought a bunch of bleach flavored water, it has been fresh when I looked...it is out in the garden center--seems a LOT of people in North Texas are either reading these forums or by hear-say are going the liquid bleach route. Yeah for spreading the gospel one way or another!!!

Now at $3.33 per gallon, when extrapolated into cleaning power, it might be the best deal when factoring in distance and time for you. As might Aldi or even Walmart. My only caution, and this goes for anywhere, would be to check date codes, especially as we get into the off-season and early the next season, since the HDepot stuff sits outside, unlike most other places.

I am not math guy and most of you probably figured this out long before me but this is how I compare liquid chlorine costs. I breakdown the percentage and volume into a figure of ounces of 100% chlorine. So 121oz of 8.25% = 9.9825 oz of pure chlorine and 128oz of 10% = 12.8 oz. The other typical jugs one might find are 121 oz of 6% = 7.26 oz/pure and 96 oz of 6% = 5.76 oz/pure. Any containers smaller than 96 oz or percentages less than 6% would require far too many jugs to haul to make it worth the effort no matter the price, at least for me.

So making the assumption the stuff is equally fresh:

Winco (8.25%/121oz/$2.00) = 20 cents per oz/pure (14 cents when on sale for $1.39)
HDepot (10%/128oz/$3.33) = 26 cents per oz/pure
Aldi (8.25%/121oz/$2.69) = 27 cents per oz/pure
Walmart (10%/128oz/$3.69) = 28 cents per oz/pure

So in the grand scheme, the differences are pretty marginal, although when Winco has it on sale at $1.39 it represents almost half price of any other place. To me, when looking at these numbers, I can live with buying at any of these places as long as I am assured of getting fresh stuff. (Well, other than Wally-World but I won't push my opinions of their business practices off on the good people of this forum! LOL)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support