Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

NAPCO is the name. You can buy a 5 gallon water jug at wal mart and NAPCO will put a safety label on it. Much easier to use as it has a spout on it.
Hi, I am in Sugar Land so about 45 mins from Spring, just want to be sure not to waste a trip. Do we need an appointment of just drop by when they are open as you mentioned only 3 days a week to the public, do you have the time and day? I am struggling finding any chlorine in any of the hardware stores around here. TIA
Just saw your post about PaP, I'll check it out tomorrow, maybe this this the best as 45 mins is a long drive unless I am getting like 30-40 gallons worth.

Last edited:
If anyone has bj's membership they have 12% on sale this month 4 for 16.99. link
I picked up some ,looks very fresh same date at two other bjs.
I saw that and tried to buy some on Thursday but my local BJs (Franklin MA) was already cleaned out. Ocean State Job Lot had (has?) cases of 4 @ $19.99.

I need it to get by until we can turn on the SWG for our new pool (plaster is still curing).

found it at walmart on the app and searched the nearby stores, limited it to 12 bottles but wanted to grab a stash as I start my pool management journey, paid $5.98 I think at lowes the other day, got these for $4.63 each.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And they ship free if you buy 8. Got mine in 3 days and was 2 week old date code.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-192259.png
    Screenshot_20220518-192259.png
    83 KB · Views: 37
Pool Essentials from Walmart is my go-to for now. I order about 6 jugs at a time for curbside pickup (though I might order 8 next time if shipping is free!)

NAPCO sounds great but is about a 45-minute drive. Tough to justify at these gas prices. Wish they had a West Houston branch.

I used to get the Pool Essentials 4-pack from Home Depot but lately they've done a poor job of keeping in stock.

Any Phx metro people have a good source for the refillable Chlorine 4 pack? I am in the east valley and there is only one place left I know that sells it for 27.99.
It is cheaper to get the 9.99 Home Depot 2 packs at this point but I hate all the extra boxes, trash and inconsistency that comes with it. The refillable 4 pack is equivalent to 5 HD jugs, so $25 vs $27.99

The only places I can find only sell to businesses?

Hey gang, if anyone has an Ollie's near them, I was just at ours and they have Pool Essentials 10% on "sale" for $4.49 a gallon. My Walmart sells if for $4.63 so not a huge savings but still cheaper. You have to dig through and watch the dates. I got 9 gallons with a 22118 date, so 4/28 but they have older stuff with 22053 and 22064 dates so you just have to watch.

I ordered 8g of 10% from Walmart yesterday ($4.63/g). It's coming from Houston (to Austin) via FedEx, free shipping, to be delivered tomorrow! Didn't think anyone shipped this stuff, especially free!

Edit:. Got here Sunday (today), date 118, so no more than 2 weeks old! Two separate 42# FedEx shipments! Free shipping had to cost them at least the amount of sale.
You had better luck than I did. Based on your experience I ordered 12 gallons from Walmart and it was delivered on 5/21 via Fedex. Date code was 110 which isn't too bad.

I just reordered. It was delivered the same day from the store and the jugs were just left lined up against the garage door with no boxes. Good thing I looked before I backed out. This time half the order had that same 110 date code, but the other half was 011. My guess is that it was on the shelf in the store meaning it was stored at roughly 70 degrees. I figure it is probably down to 8%. I use up the oldest stuff first.

That is the last time I will have it delivered.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support