Best place to buy chemicals online

GeorgiaPoolOwner

Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
Canton, GA
Foreseeing the outbreak, we prepared a few weeks ago to self-quarantine to avoid exposure and have done so since a report Tuesday of a confirmed case in a local Waffle House employee.

One thing I didn't think through was setting the pool up. Luckily, I have a salt system and I've kept it open all winter so it doesn't need a SLAM. However, I do need CYA and Calcium Increaser. Wanting to avoid Wal-Mart, I was wanting to purchase online. Any recommendations? Is Amazon the best bet?

Those two items can normally be purchased via Amazon. Be sure to use Amazon Smile and select TroubleFreePool as your charity.

Personally, this is one period where I might actually go to a pool store just to support a mom & pop shop during these times. I don't worry about the national pool chains, meh.

I also feel sorry for the USPS, UPS and FedEx guys who are being worked to the bone trying to deliver all these Amazon packages.

Then again.... your local Lowes also carries all that stuff too.

Reactions: markayash
CYA is cyanuric acid. Look for 100 percent acid so there are no other additives. Calcium is increased with calcium chloride (may be labeled as ice melt) which may be cheaper than pool chemicals labeled "calcium increaser". Because these are fairly common items they are available quite easily (I did a quick search on Amazon and Walmart.com). Just make sure either chemical is 100 percent with nothing else.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Personally, this is one period where I might actually go to a pool store just to support a mom & pop shop during these times. I don't worry about the national pool chains, meh.

I also feel sorry for the USPS, UPS and FedEx guys who are being worked to the bone trying to deliver all these Amazon packages.

Then again.... your local Lowes also carries all that stuff too.

Not sure if it's all but our Home depot has stuff in the garden section so you can go in from outside and avoid the "toilet paper searchers" inside

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.