Best place to buy a solar skimmer

aggiedds

Jun 28, 2020
College Station, Texas
Hey all - having a fiberglass pool installed next week and looking for a solar pool skimmer (we’ve got lots of trees and bamboo that I won’t be able to keep up with manually). I like the Solar Breeze NX2, and I’m ok with paying for it, but would like to get the best deal possible. Any suggestions? My first thought was to purchase on amazon and get the extended warranty but that goes over 700$

aggie, it's been quite a while since you posted your question, unfortunately no one has chimed-in. Are you still evaluating your options? Feel free to post back as much as needed to keep this thread active. Maybe someone who has used some of those products will be able to help you out. Thanks for posting. Hope the install went well. :swim:

Personally, I like buying the SolarBreeze direct from the manufacturer. At this point I have owned three of them so they sort of know me. Which means I get amazing service. There way a time they were offering an extended 2 year warranty, when you call them I would ask for that. They buy with a credit card that offers to double the warranty or at least extend it by a year. At that point you should be in pretty good shape.

The other day we had a big windstorm and I had a ton of leaves in the pool. Jaws (thats her name) picked up most of them pretty quickly, a quick dump of the leaves and back in business. Good luck and report back.

They buy with a credit card that offers to double the warranty or at least extend it by a year. At that point you should be in pretty good shape
Several cards dropped the perk last year. I had the perk and went to doublecheck it after buying a fridge and learned that I had lost it. We all have several cards so just make sure ahead of time which one still has it.

Reactions: Katodude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.