Best place for Cartridge Filters online (Sta-Rite S8M150 System 3)?

brettatk

May 16, 2019
Powder Springs, GA
My Sta-rite S8M150 System 3 filters look to need replacing. I moved into this house a year ago May. I cleaned the filters yesterday with the pressure at 24 psi before cleaning. After cleaning the pressure only went down to 18 psi. Last time I cleaned them it went down to around 14. They looked pretty rough. I don't know for sure how old they are. I've been in the house over a year. If I had to guess I'd say over 4 years old. Looks like Pool Supply world is the least expensive at around $489 for the large and small set. Anyone else have any suggestions on where else I might want to look? Thanks!

Last edited:
Yikes. :eek: I did a fair amount of searches, and those are indeed a bit pricey for the inner and outer. All the places I checked were pretty close to the same cost. Wow. As long as they aren't torn or falling apart, and you haven't done an acid bath to them to disturb their filtering ability, I would milk those carts for all they're worth. Just a good pressure spray, and perhaps a soaking in TSP or dishwasher detergent if needed for any oils.

Reactions: RubiconValley
Yikes. :eek: I did a fair amount of searches, and those are indeed a bit pricey for the inner and outer. All the places I checked were pretty close to the same cost. Wow. As long as they aren't torn or falling apart, and you haven't done an acid bath to them to disturb their filtering ability, I would milk those carts for all they're worth. Just a good pressure spray, and perhaps a soaking in TSP or dishwasher detergent if needed for any oils.

Yeah, they aren't cheap. I didn't see any tears but they are both beat up. The glue on the banding around them has deteriorated and caused them to fall down. I cleaned them the best I could with my hose. I was afraid to use a pressure washer on them thinking it might tear them. I'll keep a close watch on my pressure. I guess as long as the pressure doesn't shoot right back up to around 24 they'll be good for a while longer.

Reactions: Texas Splash
I should have taken a picture after I hosed them off. Here is a picture before I pulled it out to clean. It was a lot dirtier than this picture makes it look. But you can see how the sides have spaced out between the grooves. Both cartridges are like that all the way around for the most part.
IMG_0555.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.