Best Pentair cartridge filter replacement?

Hey all! Time to replace cartridge filters on a Pentair CCP 520. Can anyone recommnd the best brand and why?
Appreciate the help... Texas.

I bought the Pleatco replacements for my Pentair 520. They seem to be as durable and efficient as the originals. FYI, I bought them right after the pool was installed in 2013. When its time time clean the cartridges, I simply put in the second, clean set and do a thorough cleaning of the dirty cartridges, then store them until the next cleaning. Both sets of cartridges are still looking pretty good! They're available on Amazon.com for a decent price:
https://www.amazon.com/Pleatco-PCC130-PAK4-Replacement-Cartridge-Cartridges/dp/B002869V2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526220267&sr=8-1&keywords=pleatco+filters+for+pentair+520 :goodjob:

Last edited:
Reactions: RubiconValley
Hey all! Time to replace cartridge filters on a Pentair CCP 520. Can anyone recommnd the best brand and why?
Appreciate the help... Texas.

B,

How old are your cartridges??? Mine are over four years old and look to me like they will last another 4 to 6 years...

Just curious, because I have to same filter... What is wrong with the ones you have? Are the bands broken or ???

Not looking forward to the cost of new cartridges. :(

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim R.

OEM filters are a rip - Pentair, H-word, et al. none of them have their own cartridge manufacturing facility, They are all made for them and the maker of the company has a Pentair Stamp or whatever...Pleatco also has theirs made for them too but you do not pay for the name like an alleged Pool Manufacturer...OEM pricing is coming down bc educated pool owners aren't paying $300 for filters when you can get them for $165 w shipping included.

If you want to be an instant success in the pool industry, write some code for an automation system that will basically allow you to use any VSP to its fullest of functionality, along w all other devices. That would send them all into a frenzy...

Reactions: get2brad
OEM filters are a rip - Pentair, H-word, et al. none of them have their own cartridge manufacturing facility, They are all made for them and the maker of the company has a Pentair Stamp or whatever...Pleatco also has theirs made for them too but you do not pay for the name like an alleged Pool Manufacturer...OEM pricing is coming down bc educated pool owners aren't paying $300 for filters when you can get them for $165 w shipping included.

If you want to be an instant success in the pool industry, write some code for an automation system that will basically allow you to use any VSP to its fullest of functionality, along w all other devices. That would send them all into a frenzy...

- code , VSP , automation??

& who do you know is making pleatcos product?

- code , VSP , automation??

& who do you know is making pleatcos product?

Pleatco is based in Glen Cove, New York, but they oursource all of their manufacturing to Mexico, so the Mexico Plant is the true manufacturer...In essence, Pleatco is in the purest sense, is a reseller. this too is how all of the major pool companies are set-up as well.

My point is, if someone could write the code/programs for a universal automation system that could use any Pool companies equipment, [mainly a variable speed pump], then this "vendor independent" system could allow any pool owner to buy any VSP and have full functionality from their remote/cell/etc. this would surely create much greater competition and probably greater product reliability bc no user would be tied/handcuffed to one pool company. Open Systems Standards in the pool industry would surely create a much better market place for the users in both products and their costs, thus much greater value for the pool owners too.

Sorry second box is upside down but you could not see the manufacturers label w company name if it was not in this perspective..thanks tstsx

Attachments

• pleatco1.jpg
    pleatco1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 70
  • pleatco2.jpg
    pleatco2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 71

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now that I'm down the rabbit hole, as of 2015, Pleatco operated two of their own manufacturing facilities in NY and CA.

http://www.jimraposa.net/Pleatco Advertorial 01.pdf

(I know that filename has 2001 in it, but the content references things since 2006, the modified date is 2015, and the creator is Adobe CS6 which was released in 2012, so I think it's relatively current)

Pleatco is based in Glen Cove, New York, but they oursource all of their manufacturing to Mexico, so the Mexico Plant is the true manufacturer...In essence, Pleatco is in the purest sense, is a reseller. this too is how all of the major pool companies are set-up as well.

Pleatco has two manufacturing facilities, one in NY and one in Mexicali Mexico. We own both facilities and both use the exact same raw materials. The information posted is not correct. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Reactions: get2brad
I see Jeff has already answered, but companies manufacture stuff all around the world, but it doesn't make them a "reseller".

Ford has plants in Mexico and Canada, does that mean a car manufactured there is not a Ford???:confused:

I see Jeff has already answered, but companies manufacture stuff all around the world, but it doesn't make them a "reseller".

Ford has plants in Mexico and Canada, does that mean a car manufactured there is not a Ford???:confused:

I stand to be corrected...Pleatco does indeed have man plants in 2 US cities, even received a PM from Pleatco...now if something goes wrong w my 4 pleatco filters, I have someone directly to call :) and yes, other countries can manufacturer products for the OEM's, but they still are not the true manufacturer by possession, but manufacturer by name. China is the worlds largest manufacturer, but many companies outsource to China and have China put their logo on the product, but that does not make them the original equipment manufacturer, only the designer of the specifications, yet some entities call themselves manufacturers and do not own one piece of manufacturing equipment. Some companies have the majority of the components made in another country [SE Asia, Mexico, etc], have the parts sent to US and assembled here, and call themselves manufacturers, yet they are only assembly shops.. A true manufacturer takes raw materials and converts it into a product, then combines all the made/manufactured parts together to make a final product.

The point is, Pleatco does have plants here that make their products and I was wrong in stating is was done in Mexico...Glad to know we have companies that make products here, not just assembled here...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.