Best brush for stubborn algae stains?

Aug 23, 2010
I was out on vacation for a week and a half and came back to a nice mustard algae looking pool. I brushed off the algea as much as possible and used a polymer based algaecide and it's looking almost back to perfect now. I did have a hard time brushing off some stains and I actually put some powdered chlorine in a rag and wiped the walls with that and it worked like a charm. Of course, that only works for areas I can reach by hand and was wondering how to get rid of stains in the deeper end. I was thinking about trying one of those wall whale brushes but maybe I need something more aggressive. Pools finish is plaster (a few years old).

Thank you!!

Algae indicates a chemistry problem. Brushing is important but to eradicate the algae you need to SLAM.

What do you use to test your pool water chemistry?

Take care.

I use the ColorQ to read levels. Since I shocked the pool, the chlorine is still way up there (9-10 ish FL/TCL). PH is 7.3. CYA around 30 last time I tested. The water is now crystal clear but there are still a few algae stains I can't brush off.

You still need to SLAM to get rid of the algae completely.

FAS-DPD testing for FC is best but some here use the ColorQ so good luck.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.