Best 8' - 16' pool pole on market?

Rob R

Mar 25, 2017
Cape, Coral
Hi Everyone.... My first posting. Need advice. I am a private pool owner in Florida and will ONLY be cleaning my own smaller in ground pool.

Was in a pool store and thought I would purchase a good extension pole, thought the retractable type 8-16' would be perfect. Any recommendations of what pole and what is a good brush to purchase? I normally buy a better product rather than settling for a cheaper one. Should I buy aluminum or stainless or fiberglass?

thanks

Rob R

If you are just brushing mostly, one of the heavier aluminum models are good. FG is heavy and not needed unless you're doing some fairly heavy leaf hauling. If so, FG is good, but they are heavy and cumbersome. I'm not familiar with SS models. I cant remember the brand of my brush, but it was expensive and has upturned ends. I will never buy another type. I really like it a lot, and its lasted 3 seasons of hard use. Some bristles are getting quite worn down, and I will likely pick up another by season's end.

I got a new pole from Lowe's this season (Shop Aqua EZ 2-piece telescopic 16 ft Aluminum Pool Pole at Lowes.com), which is working great. Instead of being the screw-apart type where it uses tension to keep the length together, it uses a little pin-lock cam to ensure the pieces don't fall apart - something I was always worried about with my old one. I do wish it were slightly higher-gauge aluminum, but it's good enough for the full 16' extension to still be workable. It's pretty lightweight, so I'd rather have that over the extra strength.

Reactions: Mlange126
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.