Belgard pavers on a large patio deck?

Did they use polymeric sand? Once in place, you wet with water and it sets up similar to grout. But I have read that pavers need sand added every 3-5 years. We have a user who I know used Belgard just recently in her St Augustine FL build. I forget her user name.. Swim something? I would use the search function and look up Belgard.

Thanks
Yes, polymeric sand.
It never did set properly/ harden.
The PB was not happy with me, there was constant sand washing out into pool and on top of pavers, painful!
What a mess
They tried 3 times to 'fill the gaps' but each time something didn't work properly.
I showed PB the spots: he said 'looks fine to me'
Ughhh
Looking for someone with paver experience to help repair, or use a material that will stay put.
We do get a fair amount of spring rain.

IMG_5907.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Shantelly. The gaps look too big for polymeric sand. I'm also not an expert on that.

Soon, I'm going to to add polymeric sand to my travertine pavers. Most are set so close it will be a challenge to get the sand in there. From my layman's research, I'm going to use PolySweep polymeric sand by SEK. It's more expensive, and about an hour's drive to the closest dealer, but the info I found convinced me there are poor grades of polymeric sand.

A member from Austin built his pool last year. I'm pretty sure he used the same Belgard pavers (same pattern. His member name is 'ummgood'. I haven't seen him on this year, but you could send an email through tapatalk (I don't know how to do that). Or, his build thread might mention if he used the sand or not. If you can't find it, I'll be on my computer tomorrow and can get it for you then.
Suz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ha! I think I just learned how to copy and paste from my cell!! I know, most of you are not impressed, but I am!

My how time flies. His pool build was 2 years ago. On p. 24, post # 476, he mentions polymeric sand being used. I don't know if he had any problems with the sand.
Good luck!

Yet another Texas pool build!!

Suz I'm impressed ! Lol
Please pm me on how you can link from a cell, me and Kim were discussing and couldn't figure it out.
Sorry to hijack the thread [emoji51]

Suz I'm impressed ! Lol
Please pm me on how you can link from a cell, me and Kim were discussing and couldn't figure it out.
Sorry to hijack the thread [emoji51]

BBCode Shortcuts

Kim and Will, above is a link for short cuts on how to enter pics, links, bold text, etc. It is called BBCode. Reference the middle column.

For example, to enter a link with your own words to click on like I did, you do:

[url = your link pasted here] Your link words [/url ] but with NO SPACES.

That's a fancy way to link. You can just long press the URL from the browser page, select copy, and then long press in the reply box on here (actually my phone has the little curser that has a blue tear drop showing me where it is and I can just press the tear drop once and it gives me the option to paste) and click paste like so:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

There may be a more straight forward way but I spent years posting on bulletin boards and just learned what to type to link photos, etc so that is how I do it. Hope that helps.

Thank you, Will!

And thank you, Shantellylace! I could not have explained it like you did. I accidentally stumbled onto the blue teardrop thingy method. I'm good (or bad, when it causes big boo-boos) at tapping around on the screen to find what I want. Now, thanks to you, I'll be able to do it again without experimenting! Lol!

Thanks guys!
Yes, maybe a different brand of sand will work better.
The gaps here are precut and made into the Belgrade pacers, in fact they are cut on top of the pacer so that the sand can look like grout. However the PB tried, most of the spaces Becker hardened! And washed out during the next rain !!

In the picture that you posted, it almost looks like the location of the washing out is directly below a roof-line - I can't quite tell as there's very little of the roof and what looks to be a support post in the picture. Is there water coming off of that roof, landing on the pavers, and eroding the sand? If so, could you use a gutter to prevent it from happening? I know very little about pavers, but we're in the process of using some Belgard blocks to build some pieces around our pool, so this thread caught my eye...

Hi
I haven't had a chance to go through my photos, AMD wasn't home to take more, but...
Yes, definitely along that roof line, there was immediate wash out. However, other parts of the open patio have the same if not worse result.
It has been very disappointing.
I even had the local belgard rep come out to see and he said it was bad!
However, Belgard does not make the sand, nor do the contractors work for them!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.