Paxcou

Feb 10, 2020
NJ (shore)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have done my homework and read lot of messages here to understand how to take care of my 28,000 gallons inground pool. I am ready to pass my order for the chemicals I will use, I am looking at to do it right as described here and with the best product/quantity for my money. Here is my order, does it sounds right for you :
I have recently ordered a Robot Cleaner, I am ready to go ! Thanks for your help.

Look for liquid chlorine aka liquid pool shock. Walmart, Ocean State Job Lot, Home Depot, etc.

Not likely you will need to raise pH or raise TA so no need for those items unless testing tells you you need them.

You have a vinyl pool. No Calcium addition is needed.

CYA is fine.

Add what test kit you have to your signature.

Reactions: carnivalday
Baking soda will do both. The 13 lb bag is less than $10 at Bjs. ($7 or $9 I forget and haven’t bought mine yet). I imagine Costco has it too.

it’s cheap enough to just have on hand for when testing says you need some.

How were you covered for the winter? My mesh cover lets all the rain in and equates to about 1/3- 1/2 fresh water each off season. (You are close enough we have the same weather). Most springs I need 1.5 of those 13 lb bags to get me where I need to be. The other half bag keeps for the season in case of need, but after the initial balance, is rare if at all.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. So you are telling me that I should not have to buy the ash soda and just keep the baking soda ? When I am doing my test for pH and TA, the TroubleFreePool app may give me two numbers, how would I deal with that ? Thanks a lot for your kind help.

TA, the TroubleFreePool app may give me two numbers, how would I deal with that
In my case, raising my TA also raises my PH a bit, and then I circulate to raise the PH the rest. Which, ironically will be a battle to lower it the rest of the season.

Ohmygosh! You'll love how few chemicals you'll need when your pool is kept up the Trouble Free Way. And when you do need to tweak something, we can tell you the cheapest way to get it fixed.

Have an idea of what your pool water should be (often in a range) and Pool Math will help guide you on how to meet those goals. Also at the bottom of PoolMath is an area that will give you the results if you add x, y or z in what amount.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks, in one year I have learnt so much, since I am a home owner. I have started with my lawn DIY with the cheapest price and best product, it works amazingly for the first year.
I have learnt woodworking to build stuff for home, my last one is a huge outdoor storage box for the pool equipment toys etc...
So now it's time to get ready to DIY my pool chemicals ;-)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.