Before & After - Pump Shed

Was a surprisingly huge amount of work. I totally underestimated how much time & resources needed.

The pump is now sitting on a very thick anti-vibration mat, and is bolted to the slabs.

Next, I need to dig a soakwell and plumb the waste. I've cut a hole in the back of the shed wall, but it goes nowhere.

I have one of these sheds/chests and they are great. 3rd year out in the elements and still more or less as good as the day I bought it. (I just use mine for all the kids pool toys).

Love the way you've cut around it to fit your gear in.

Bunbury eh? A fellow sandgroper..

Yeah mate, they are fantastic & pretty cheap online. When they built the pool, they just dumped the pump & equipment on a few slabs next to the fence, I was never happy with it. Replumbing it, I got rid of quite a lot of dog legs and unnecessary bends.

Had to buy about $100 worth of fittings, as the original ones couldn't be reused - not enough PVC pipe to glue.

Only other issue is there might be a suction leak somewhere. Sometimes there is a bit of air in the filter.

Nice job! VERY clean looking! Yeah any "job" ends up taking longer, costing more, being harder than first thought. How many trips to the store to pick up ONE tiny piece you HAD to have :roll: We measure each job on the number of trips and beers! LOL

Kim:kim:

This is great! Would you be willing to share where you ordered this from? I wonder if Ivan get my pool builder to go ahead a put the pool equipment in this as he is installing the equipment?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thats the one, the Keter ULTRA. I am sure its available in the States somewhere?

For any Aussies I ordered it online from MyDeal Australia: Online Shopping Deals For Discount Products Australia Wide , but I can't see it anymore, it might have sold out.

Pro

Plastic (Won't rust from corrosive pool chemicals)
- Very easy to cut holes for pipes
- Already vented to allow airflow to pump
- Roof & Doors Open
- Premade plastic floor
- Electrician can and has installed the power points inside

Cons

- Doesn't feel as solid as a metal shed
- Black roof gets friggin hot in the harsh aussie sun
- Roof doesnt seem to close 100% evenly on gas lifts.

To Do

- Plumb in waste
- Level ground and put down a slab for the heat pump
- Fix heat pump pipework
- Add a bracket to hold the pool cleaner cable

I was hoping to store my acid in there, but its easier to put the robot instead. I might get a smaller "chest" one of these for acid & pool chlorine (bleach).

Yes, made numerous trips for all the items we missed or broke. The biggest sting was that we had to cut the pipe "tails" for the union to the heat pump. These are a specialty spare part, not an off the shelf item and cost $60 AU each!!! I've had to order them in.

Danger Will Robinson, Danger! (showing my age here LOL).............acid and chlorine do NOT play well together and as such should not be stored close to each other. Acid can cause metal to rust so keep that in mind when you pick where to put it.

OUCH on the cutting of the specialty spare part! That does sting!

Kim:kim:

Looks fantastic. Great to see another sandgroper posting picks. I bet that pool got a work out today at 42 deg c.

30K LT BRP fibreglass pool, Astral ZX150 cartridge filter, Astral EVO320 varible speed pump, Astral Viron Ai EQ3 SWG, Astral 9KW BPA400 heat pump, Dolphin DB1 robotic cleaner

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.