Baquacil conversion underway in Florida....

Still patiently shocking the pool every day.

There is still something in the pool that is consuming >1 FC every night.

2-22 9:00 PM
FC 22
CC 1

2-23 6:00 AM
FC 18.5
CC 2

I am brushing and vacuuming, as well as hosing out the filter frequently.

I can still see particles circulating in the water, when I look in the deep end of the pool when it is lit up at night. There is some grainy stuff still in the water, not a lot, but still visible. Suspect this is still the remnants of CDX combining with the chlorine.

I still have not changed out the cartridge filter, but I am curious if I should do that now, even though I am still failing the OCLT.

Thanks for your help and encouraging words!

Hey, Bullgator,

I admire your patience. You have had a long, hard pull and it looks like you are continually improving but it has been a slow process.

chem geek's explanation of the CDX is revealing and I think is contributing to the long delay in your complete success.

Don't worry about the particles you see suspended at night. Every pool has them and they will never COMPLETELY go away.

Changing that old cartridge is perhaps an idea worth entertaining. I'm not a cartridge expert so wait 'til some others chime in but I could see how it might speed the process a little and finally get you where you need to be.

This will be the hardest thing you'll have to do to care for your pool. Everything is about to get pretty easy (and inexpensive) in the very near future, I think.

Thanks Dave, appreciate your help along the way, and the great customer service you have provided with your test kits and refills!!

My ultimate goal is to put in a SWG once I get things stabilized. The pool has not looked this good in many many years!!!!

Hopefully this will be done soon.

Tonight's reading:

FC 21
CC 1

We shall see in the morning. Will likely replace the filter this weekend.....

Thank you!!

when i converted about 3 years ago, i don't think anyone realized the time it would take to get rid of the cc if you had been using
baq CDX, as it was a relatively new product at the time. i think it took me two months to finally get the cc to zero. that being said,
i haven't had a single problem since converting. i attribute that to two reasons, chlorine of course, and the things i have learned
at this site.

Was a bit too heavy handed on adding the chlorine tonight.... but CC is almost zero.....

2-25 7:45 PM

FC 24
CC .5

Have to see in the morning how the FC holds up.... It has to be getting close......

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and encouraging words. I know it will get there!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm above my pay grade here, but I think that at this point, I would change the filter. If it's still holding baq, then it must all be oxidized before the fc holds and the cc drops out completely.
I'd certainly like to hear dissenting opinions from those w/ more experience and insight, though.

Thanks everyone. I replaced the filter today, so we will see how it goes tonight.

I can tell you there was still quite a bit of orange scum trapped deep in the pleats of the filter. The high chlorine was also starting to deteriorate the rubber on the ends of the filter.....

New filter in, and we shall see how it goes.

I believe we have a OCLT PASS!!!

After removing the filter mid-day yesterday, I FINALLY have 0 FC loss overnight!!

2-25 9:00 PM
FC 19
CC 1

2-26 6:00 AM
FC 19
CC 1

Now I need to get the CYA in (up to 30 ppm), and then get the CC down to .5 or less for 2 consecutive days, correct?

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!! :)

:party: :whoot: :party: :whoot: Nice work!

Don't be discouraged if that CC reading stays at 1 or so for a while. I think I would get the CYA in there and then keep the FC up pretty high until your CC's are .5ppm or less (That's really what we're looking for to COMPETELY pass the OCLT but you are VERY VERY close to accomplishing that.)

The two consecutive days simply makes sure that the CC test is REALLY down below 1.0 because it can fluctuate a little day to day.

How does your water look?

I'm not sure how accurate CC testing is below 0.5, but that's probably pretty close to the margin of error. As long as your FC holds overnight, your CC is below 1, and your water is clear and sparkling, I believe you are done shocking. Enjoy your pool.

Added the CYA today, dissolving it in a skimmer sock. Will measure it in a week, target is 30 PPM for now.

As promised, here are today's photos:

[attachment=1:34xtm62p]IMG_0237_r.jpg[/attachment:34xtm62p]

And....

[attachment=0:34xtm62p]IMG_0239_r.jpg[/attachment:34xtm62p]

Thanks Again!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0237_r.jpg
    IMG_0237_r.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0239_r.jpg
    IMG_0239_r.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 28

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.