Baqua/Chlorine conversion

Deezy627

Jun 14, 2022
Bessemer, Alabama
Hello I’m new here. Just put in a 27’ above ground pool 3 weeks ago. Was talking to a friend a he suggest i convert immediately. In conversation I found out I’m putting chemicals in my pool I don’t need like calcium. Pool stores got me good I guess.
Anyways I’ve only added baqua 2 times. Once at startup (1 1/2 bottles of sanitizer and oxidizer)and last week Just 1 1/2 bottles of sanitizer along with alkalinity and calcium plus 4oz of algaecide. What do I need to do to convert? Could I get this done before the 4th of July?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The link below will walk you through the conversion process. As always, be sure you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit in-hand before starting. You'll need it. If you have any questions, let us know.

I converted my pool back in the spring of 2017 and was able to speed up the process by regular testing and adding chlorine throughout the day. My pool was a Bacqua pool for almost 10 years and this website was just what I needed to get through the process. Use what Texas Splash has provided, and start accumulating chlorine and plenty of chlorine testing chemicals so they are available when you start the process. I have attached a couple of pictures showing how my pool immediately started showing where the chlorine was added to the pool and then what it looked like when the "goo" started coming to the surface. It was well worth it for me to do the work to convert and I always have a clear pool and have saved on costs compared to Baqua.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 16
Serious question - being in Alabama, can’t you simply just drain the pool down (safely by following recommended procedures) and then refill? It will be a lot easier than trying to fight the baquagoo. You’ve added enough Baquacil sanitizer that it’s going to be a long fight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.