Balancing water for SWG per TFP

genlee

Jul 16, 2019
GA
Installed new T-15 element so I have accomplished Step 1-Salt at 3200
Step 2-Adjust CYA between 70-80. Using my new TF100 test kit my readings were: CYA=30, Cl=5, pH=8.2.
Pool math suggest I add 2 US Gal. of Liquid Stabilizer. Do y'all agree? Any recommend Liq, Stab.?

No real need to raise CYA right now. Your pool water is cold and you are not getting much UV impact. I doubt your SWCG will generate chlorine right now with the cold water temperatures. About April 1 you can bring up the CYA level and your water temperature should be high enough to generate chlorine.

Note that liquid stabilizer costs twice as much as solid stabilizer. If you don’t like paying for water use solid stabilizer with the sock method when you add it in the Spring.

No real need to raise CYA right now. Your pool water is cold and you are not getting much UV impact. I doubt your SWCG will generate chlorine right now with the cold water temperatures. About April 1 you can bring up the CYA level and your water temperature should be high enough to generate chlorine.
Thank You!

Note that liquid stabilizer costs twice as much as solid stabilizer. If you don’t like paying for water use solid stabilizer with the sock method when you add it in the Spring.
[/QUOTE]
I like "less expensive". Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.