Balancing water for first time after pool finished during winter

czb182

Oct 20, 2020
North Virgina
Does anyone know of a more advanced pool calculator where I can just input all my current levels and it tells me all the things to add? For example my pH is too high, so can add acid. Can add Baking Soda to raise TA, but I know the acid will affect that. Seems like it would be nice if some calculator existed that did all this for me, if anyone knows please let me know : )

Anyways, got my TF100 kit :) No chlorine or CYA detectable in pool. CH is 175, TA 40, pH is at least 8.2, doesnt read higher than that. Plan on using my heater to bring temp to 80F. Have a SWG , but havent added any salt yet, assuming I should get levels in order before switching it on. Pebblefina Plaster was done at start of November, pool company kept pool open for 30 days for cure (maintaining pH and CL) then winterized. THey added some more acid mid winter.

Looks like my target should be pH 7.6, TA 70, CH 250, 3000ppm salt, 70 CYA. so I think I need some muriatic acid, baking soda, stabilizer(dry), maybe something for Calcium.

Looking any tips since I need to add so much stuff getting my pool ready for first time : )

Does anyone know of a more advanced pool calculator where I can just input all my current levels and it tells me all the things to add?
The PoolMath app does that. The free version has some limitations, which I can't remember. It's well worth the $8 or so a year that the full version costs.

No chlorine
You definitely want to address this first.

Looks like my target should be pH 7.6, TA 70, CH 250, 3000ppm salt, 70 CYA
Read through Pool School on here to learn more about TFP recommendations for these things. PoolMath can help with this too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.