Balance problem

Mar 26, 2015
Henderson, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool is clear, ph dropped to 7.2 from 7.6, ta 90 cya is 40 , put in 16 ppm chlorine to 1.5 already in last night to shock pool. and added 45 lbs of calcium chloride to increase ch. what has caused the fc to drop to 0 and ph to drop to 7.2? I did have several swimmers today! Going to add 2.75 gallons of bleach to raise chlorine to shock level again. Should I add extra or try to keep it at shock level until overnight chlorine loss test is successful? Thanks in advance! I am stumped by this one. I have been using the tfp method for years w/o this type of problem.

You've got me wondering if one of the kids (or more?) didn't pee in the pool? Or wore some think body lotions?
Definitely time to do an OCLT. I personally would add Liquid Chlorine now till tonight because you'll want to start the OCLT with 10ppm of FC then.
Let us know how it turns out.

Maddie :flower:

Added lq to bring to shock level of 16 last night. Tested level this morning and had fc of 12. Added 88 oz of 10% bleach, waited 45 mins and tested, FC is at 16 ppm, 0 cc. I do have swimmers coming today! Any precautions suggested?
Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.