Northwestern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
My CH have been testing consistently 225 for last 3 weeks (opening day) what is consistent with what I had before closing considering drain/refill and my tap water CH.

My CSI was around -1 what is mostly not an issue, except for my heater and I wanted to get my CH closer to 300 to bring my CSI a little up (yes, I was also increasing TA and pH a bit), I added 4lb for “Clorox calcium” (calcium chloride if I’m not mistaken), but my CH won’t budge. Tested 3 times after that and it still reads 225 when it should be almost 300. Does any one has seem something like that?

I don’t have a problem. I’m just trying to satisfy my OCD. Yes, the calcium dissolved completely.

Edit: oops, looks like I posted it in the wrong place.

Last edited:
With a vinyl liner pool, and even the heater, there is no reason to monitor CSI. Keep about 100 ppm CH, plus or minus, in the water and all is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.