Bacquacil & algae

Keep pushing the FC level up to 15 as frequently as possible. To do that you first test the current level. Then go to my Pool Calculator (see the link in my signature) and enter your pool size in gallons, the percentage strength of your bleach, the current FC level you got from the test, set the goal FC to 15, and press calculate. It will then tell you how much bleach to add.

Just an update. My current levels are FC 5.5, PH 7.2, CH 120, still no CYA havent started that process..... My FC levels did get up to 11, I got excited, but then dropped back down to 2 again...oh well, I guess I just have to keep plugging at the bleach. I'm going to be out of town for 1 1/2 days, hopefully I can get my son to try and keep an eye on it for me..

Just updating... I was gone for 1 1/2 days so nothing got done while away. However, when I got back home my FC was at 0 needless to say....so I dumped in the bleach late last night, got up this morning, my FC was at 2.5 put in more bleach, got up to 3 and put in some more.....however, the water is clearing and has an aqua color to it, which it never had this whole summer (green always). I'll be home tomorrow so going to be checking it non stop ever 2 hours. Hopefully things are on the downhill slide now. This forum has been a wonderful source of information and encouragement. I will post again tomorrow so that others who are going through this can know that it can be done, just have lots of patience.

As Jason said, you need to be going up to 15, not just 10 or 11. The more religiously you keep it at 15, the faster the conversion will go.

I monitored mine for 3 days, about 4 to 5 times a day, and thats all the time it took to convert (4 days total, it was prefectly clear the morning of the 4th day).

I finally made it! My FC level held at 15 overnight. What I need to know now is will it be ok to go ahead and close the pool without doing anything else to it. I am leaving the country for 10 days later this week. We plan on going to a SWG next summer so everything will be changed out then. The water is not completely clear, but is very close. Here are my readings as of 4:00 p.m. this afternoon...I have not added any more bleach since this morning until I posted this.
FC - 1.0
CC.5
TA - 180
CYA -0
PH - 7.6

I have not done anything with the CYA because I thought I would get the FC level taken care of first.

Thanks for any advice

Sondra

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.