Backfill - skimmer and suction pipes

jakerex

Aug 7, 2019
Pittsburgh
Hey all. I’m having my skimmer and suction pipes replaced in my unground Vinyl pool. The concrete deck will be repoured once the work is done.

my question is, what should I backfill around the skimmer with. How about all the piping?

I dug out clay and rock, big and small, which was a royal PITA.

Though I don’t plan on doing this again, I was thinking of using sand for ease of digging if ever need be in the future, and also sand would continue to support and fill in around the skimmer and pipes.

lastly, how long should I wait after I replace the skimmer and pipes, and backfill, before concrete? Was thinking on waiting a week or tow to let things settle and add more fill. I don’t know

thanks for your thoughts

89 stone or 57 stone.

You read the link?

Missed the link. Got it now. Thank you
I had a friend who had a leak at the skimmer pipe suction pipe. His pool company dug a small tunnel under the concrete pool deck to the skimmer and made the repair. All without breaking the concrete decking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.