back to freezing temp with opened pool

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Well we are in for a real treat, tomorrow night its back to 25 deg for one night then back in the 30's for lows for a couple days with a chance of 1-7 inches of snow. Would that be concern with the pool that I opened and running for the last 2 weeks? 1st time this happened. Currently run pump 6hr at night, 4-10pm and all test levels right on . After 7 years I thought I had a good handle of things?

Reactions: splashpad
Well we are in for a real treat, tomorrow night its back to 25 deg for one night then back in the 30's for lows for a couple days with a chance of 1-7 inches of snow. Would that be concern with the pool that I opened and running for the last 2 weeks? 1st time this happened. Currently run pump 6hr at night, 4-10pm and all test levels right on . After 7 years I thought I had a good handle of things?
Gotta love the midwest, no?!

Yup, was going to double suggest keeping the pump running so it "can't" freeze :)

rajung, I feel for you. It looks like this storm will hit Iowa more than Minnesota. I plan to pop out later today (when I start seeing flakes or 6PM) and bypass my timer on the pump to make it run until I switch it back. Second time I've had to do this since opening. I just hope the revised forecast with less than 4" of snow for us is accurate.

(We finally got our plumbing woes taken care of so the heat pump can be turned on and I was hoping to get the water warm enough to swim by Mother's Day. Fat chance!)

I agree, not worth it to turn on the heat until this latest round of cold moves through. If the extended forecast is anywhere close to reality, no one is going to want to swim for a week or more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.