Availability of Intex Pools (COVID-19 impact)

LHH_pool_wannabe

Apr 24, 2020
Southern California
Long time reader, new poster. We have had an above-ground Intex 12'x36'' "ultra" frame pool since 2014. Now that the kids are bigger, we'd like to upgrade to a larger model. We have space for the 16'x48'' or the 18'x9'x52''. But they are out of stock on intex.com and everywhere else that I look! I tried calling Intex to ask whether they will be getting any in stock soon, but I got an automated phone message indicating that they are currently not staffing the phone line because of COVID-19. Does anyone in this forum know (or care to speculate) about whether above ground pools will be in stock this spring/early summer? Or are they going to be the new toilet paper and I've already missed my opportunity to buy one this year?

I would be going on Walmart.com and searching out to different stores where you could drive to see if there are any in the stores. Try Big Lots also. I know they are going up all over here with the kids being out of school! Good luck!

Welcome to TFP.

Do Intex pools and equipment say "Made in China"?

Keep your eye on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace too. That is where I got my first Intex, 18'x48" brand new in box for $300. People will sometimes buy these pools and end up never putting them up and missing the return window.

Reactions: LHH_pool_wannabe
Home Depot said that it will not be having any of its normal spring sales to help keep traffic down at the stores. When one large retailer blazes a trail, some others usually follow suit but it remains to be seen. My local Walmart seemed to be full steam ahead with spring deals. If Walmart continues to have deals, and everybody is looking for home projects/ entertainment, they may be out of stock quickly if they get new stock.

The other factor may involve lesser essential products like pools, sitting in warehouses to free up space on the remaining delivery trucks for the more essential things.

it could really go either way. I’d check often and jump on the right product if you see it.

The Big Lots have pools in store in NorCal, but I've only seen the Summerwaves type brand and tbh I didn't look at the prices.

After spending an hour on hold with poolsupplyworld, the girl told me they are pushing out pools and equipment at high volume due to this pandemic and people being forced to stay at home. Hope you find what you need. Maybe just keep the one you have.

I placed an online order two weeks ago and the supplier (national chain) can't give me a delivery date (original email said they would ship within a week). I can only assume supply chain issues. Only problem is I promised momma I'd have it in by Memorial Day - don't need that kind of trouble - fingers crossed.

• Wow
Reactions: kimkats and Casey
I placed an online order two weeks ago and the supplier (national chain) can't give me a delivery date (original email said they would ship within a week). I can only assume supply chain issues. Only problem is I promised momma I'd have it in by Memorial Day - don't need that kind of trouble - fingers crossed.
Hope Momma is understanding. Some things are out of our hands.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been watching for an opportunity to buy a new Intex 26' by 52" Ultra Frame XTR as ours rusted out in 3 seasons. Walmart just marked their price up to $1,799 in the last few days. It was $1,249. Guess I waited too long :) With the 3-year lasting Intex at $1,800 I'm tempted to upgrade and get a longer lasting AGP in an even larger 27' x 54" size.

Do Intex pools and equipment say "Made in China"?
Mine does.

I've been watching for an opportunity to buy a new Intex 26' by 52" Ultra Frame XTR as ours rusted out in 3 seasons. Walmart just marked their price up to $1,799 in the last few days. It was $1,249. Guess I waited too long :) With the 3-year lasting Intex at $1,800 I'm tempted to upgrade and get a longer lasting AGP in an even larger 27' x 54" size.
Dang, that sucks. I really got mine for such a steal...

I ordered a 24x12 intex xtr from Walmart.com about a week ago and it is with the delivery company right now on its way to us. Looks like Walmart.com still has some left, but I think the size you want is probably really popular, it looks like the only has this one and the 32x16 rectangle left. I hope you find something!

Reactions: mikewlaymon
Has anyone who has tried contacting Intex via their email on the website actually heard anything back from them? I sent a message last week and still have not received a response.

Has anyone had luck in finding pools in stock? I've been searching for the XTR Ultra Frame 16x48" and have not found anything but a vendor on the big A over charging by a long shot for it. I only need the pool and posts as I already have the filter. Best of luck to those still in the hunt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.