Auxiliary pump inactive

West Coast

May 20, 2020
Baldwin County, AL
My auxiliary pump will not turn on. No previous problems, and test operations were fine over the winter. No clicks, no sounds, no light on the board, nothing when I push the Aux1 button now. I activated service mode and pressed the Aux1 relay button; Aux 1 LED did not illuminate. Test results on capacitor were inconclusive (limited by my knowledge and my analog meter) so I put a new capacitor in, same result. Next step is to get a T6 so I can pull the cover and swab the contact with alcohol (as an aside, swabbing works wonders for ceiling fan controls) but if that doesn't solve the problem, the ProLogic Troubleshooting Guide says "replace the local display." Any other ideas?

Aux1 runs my Polaris PB4-60 booster pump. Pro-Logic is a model PL-XX-XX.

My auxiliary pump will not turn on. No previous problems, and test operations were fine over the winter. No clicks, no sounds, no light on the board, nothing when I push the Aux1 button now. I activated service mode and pressed the Aux1 relay button; Aux 1 LED did not illuminate. Test results on capacitor were inconclusive (limited by my knowledge and my analog meter) so I put a new capacitor in, same result. Next step is to get a T6 so I can pull the cover and swab the contact with alcohol (as an aside, swabbing works wonders for ceiling fan controls) but if that doesn't solve the problem, the ProLogic Troubleshooting Guide says "replace the local display." Any other ideas?

Aux1 runs my Polaris PB4-60 booster pump. Pro-Logic is a model PL-XX-XX.
If the Aux 1 is designated as a cleaner relay, the filter-pump relay usually has to be "on" before Aux 1 will engage. "No clicks, no sounds, no light on the board" means the system is not turning "on" that relay and no power is getting to the pump, not a pump issue. It is a safety interlock so the booster won't run without water in it. Try turning the filter pump on first.

If the Aux 1 is designated as a cleaner relay, the filter-pump relay usually has to be "on" before Aux 1 will engage. "No clicks, no sounds, no light on the board" means the system is not turning "on" that relay and no power is getting to the pump, not a pump issue. It is a safety interlock so the booster won't run without water in it. Try turning the filter pump on first.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried this, nothing happened.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried this, nothing happened.
You have not told us if your filter/pump is running before you try and turn your cleaner on?

Do you have voltage on the LOAD screws of your AUX1 relay when you turn the cleaner on?

Thought some more on this. Having changed the freeze temp threshold this winter, I figured I might have mixed up an Aux1 setting in the process, so I verified the Aux1 settings were correct. Then I removed the control logic circuit board using a T6 Torx bit and cleaned all contacts with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and a Q tip. The contacts on Aux1 were visually a bit scummy, as were some others. Put it back together, plugged it in, Voila! Pressing Aux1 turned on the booster pump. I am glad the only problem here was scummy contacts.

The filter pump has been and is working fine, on demand and as timed. Aux 1 is set up to run manually.

If cleaning contacts hadn't solved the problem, I was thinking I'd wire the booster pump into Aux2 and configure Aux2 logic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.