jfdudek1

Aug 10, 2022
DFW Area
I have the Pentair Easy Touch panel and the valve actuator for the water fall stopped working. I just installed a new actuator, but it too is not responding. Plugged into AUX port A, "vlvA", and when I move the switch on the unit from Off to ON1 or ON2, the actuator rotates. But nothing happens when I push the Waterfall button on the panel. The light comes on and off, but the actuator does not spin...

What voltages should o be reading at the pins?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20221117_102413.jpg
    20221117_102413.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 4__23237__30814__92270.jpg
    4__23237__30814__92270.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220810_182947.jpg
    20220810_182947.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 8
J,

I assume it was working with the same set up at one time. Is that true?

Did you do any kind of reprograming on your EasyTouch recently?? Did you do anything with Solar or install a heat pump, or???

You need to double check that valve 'A' is assigned to your Aux 3 (Waterfall) Circuit. Menu. Settings, Valves, A = Waterfall. This assumes your Aux 3 Circuit has the Circuit Name of "Waterfall".

If you are not using valve 'B' you can assign it to Waterfall and move the valve cable over to the B port.

Do you have ScreenLogic?

Thanks,

Jim R.

j,

When the EasyTouch moves a valve actuator, it basically closes a relay which sends 24 Volts AC to one input wire of the actuator, this turns the valve one way. To move the valve back, the EasyTouch just shuts the relay off, which sends the 24 Volts AC to another input wire on the actuator and the valve will move back.

It is possible that that little relay, or the chip that turns the relay on and off, is bad. If you are not using valve 'B', you can use it as it uses a different relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: guinness
j,

When the EasyTouch moves a valve actuator, it basically closes a relay which sends 24 Volts AC to one input wire of the actuator, this turns the valve one way. To move the valve back, the EasyTouch just shuts the relay off, which sends the 24 Volts AC to another input wire on the actuator and the valve will move back.

It is possible that that little relay, or the chip that turns the relay on and off, is bad. If you are not using valve 'B', you can use it as it uses a different relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thx. Will try Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.