Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Total Control PPC4
I have a DIG-220 with PPC4 Cell. The errors that have been popping up on this unit have been very random, and all have led me to believe the wiring and/or tri-sensor is the culprit. The temperature is accurate based against an analog thermometer.

MODEL: DIG-220 (Year: 2014)
SOFTWARE: 4.40
CELL: SC-60 (displayed on controller)
CELL MODEL: PPC-4
POWER LVL: 2
CELL VOLT: 20V 6.5 AMP
SALT LEVEL SHOWN: 500 PPM
ACTUAL POOL SALT LEVEL: Used the TF kit to check salt level, sitting at 3400 PPM...ran the test twice to confirm I was doing it correctly.

WATER CHEMISTRY:
FC: 4.0
PH: >8.2 (working on getting that down)
TA: 110
CH: 250
CYA: 85
SALT: 3400
Water Temp: 70F

The Pool Pilot display says I need to add 430 lbs of salt...and will not run the purifier until adjusted. I am not able to calibrate the salt level enough to compensate on the controller (only lets me go from 500-1400 ppm). I pulled apart the tri-sensor, it looked practically brand new, no build-up on sensors and flow switch looked good, cleaned the o-ring and put back in place. Pool Inspector just came out two weeks ago and looked over everything, he pulled the cell and said there was no build-up on it, and looked good.

The controller has randomly given me a LOW FLOW (checked obstruction on the strainer screen; nothing all clean), ADD SALT (initially the pool was low and I added ~230 lbs of salt, to bring my PPM up to 3300-3400), LOW VOLT/AMP ON CELL (noticed when I ran the spa heater with the temp around 100F; has since cleared). I feel I got all the air out of the system, have the proper amount of salt in the water (based on TF kit test).

Any ideas what I should look for next?
If the tri-sensor has failed...anyway I could check this before dumping $150.00 for it? I plan to pull the connector and check for corrosion and possibly clean with electrical contactor cleaner. Same with the Cell plugs.

A little history, I just bought this house and moved in two weeks ago...when the pool inspector came out to look at this, the water was around 50F and the ambient temps were 60's, so the SWG was not in operation, just monitoring at the time it mentioned I needed to add around 260lbs of salt. Which to me seemed semi-accurate to what I actually put in the water to get to the proper PPM.

Thanks for the help in advance!
:cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpg
    IMG_2835.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 4
Sounds like the trisensor. Could be failure of the temperature probe in the trisensor.

You can try talking to the SaltPoolGuys.com . They have helped with diagnostics and are a good source for AutoPilot parts.

Talked with SaltPoolGuys.com, they led me to the simulator plug to isolate the main unit from the tri-sensor. I will report back when I get the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.