Autopilot and Easytouch

Dec 5, 2018
Palm City, FL
I was getting a quote from my pool builder on a SWG for my pool. The pool already has an Easytouch 4 system installed. I feel like it should integrate with the automation system so I can control it remotely but I am not sure how important any of you really feel that it. Additionally, they tell me they only install the AutoPilot Digital Nano Plus and that it will integrate fine with the Easytouch and my Screenlogic 2 system. This doesn't seem right to me and I thought I would need an IC40 system if I wanted to be able to control the salt system remotely. I know with any system they will wire it so it only comes on when the pump is on so that isn't my concern. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Eric,

I looked at the Nano manual and it does not appear to me that it will integrate into your EasyTouch.. ☹

Ask your pool builder who he is installing the SWCG for, him or you... :scratch:

If you get an IC40, the cell can be controlled by the RS-485 bus in the EasyTouch. This will allow you to adjust the cell's output with an icon instead of having to go out to the equipment pad. The cell will also report the salt level in the pool water. Although not as accurately as I would like, but it does give you an idea if the level is getting low.

Personally, I'd get an IC40 or find another installer... Since your original EasyTouch did not come with a salt cell, you will also have to buy the Power Center.

When the cell is installed you will get an ScreenLogic screen like this ...

View media item 1963

Thanks,

Jim R.

Eric,

I looked at the Nano manual and it does not appear to me that it will integrate into your EasyTouch.. ☹

Ask your pool builder who he is installing the SWCG for, him or you... :scratch:

If you get an IC40, the cell can be controlled by the RS-485 bus in the EasyTouch. This will allow you to adjust the cell's output with an icon instead of having to go out to the equipment pad. The cell will also report the salt level in the pool water. Although not as accurately as I would like, but it does give you an idea if the level is getting low.

Personally, I'd get an IC40 or find another installer... Since your original EasyTouch did not come with a salt cell, you will also have to buy the Power Center.

When the cell is installed you will get an ScreenLogic screen like this ...

View media item 1963

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you very much.

IntelliTouch Automation offers advanced control technology to suite individual needs including:

• Salt Chlorine Feature – Enables IntelliTouch Automation to control and monitor popular Salt Chlorine Generators including Pentair Aquatic Systems’ IntelliChlor® Salt Generator, Goldline Controls®, AutoPilot®, and AutoClear® from many of the available user interfaces. Users do not have to adjust the salt chlorine generator at the equipment pad.

Check with Pentair and AutoPilot to confirm compatibility.

In any case, I would go with the EasyTouch with the built in SWG power supply and an IC40 cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.