Automation stopped working after recent storm - have to replace pump + automation system?

FL, sorry, I am confused. :scratch:

How is the EasyTouch talking to your home network???

Jim R.
EasyTouch is not, in this latest test. I can login to the ScreenLogic system now but of course it’s not controlling easytouch. Similar to how it was when the 2 units were indoors whether or not the outside receiver was disconnected. I could always fully login to the app even after the problems started but it wouldn’t actually control anything.

This test was just to ensure that there’s no issue with using the extender, so that we have some confidence in the earlier test where I had the protocol adapter hooked to Easytouch but then I couldn’t login.

Last edited:
Fl,

Ok, that makes sense.

I'd disconnect the black transceiver and reconnect the 4 wires between the EasyTouch J20 and the Protocol Adapter and try it again, just to make sure.

If you again can't log into ScreenLogic, then we can assume the main card is the issue.

We still don't know if the pump is bad, but I'd want a known good main card installed before I spent any additional money on a new pump.

When they came out and replaced the main card, did they look at the pump to see if it said "Display not Active" or did they just take it out because the pump was not running?

We know the wireless link transceiver is bad. It could also be that the RS-485 com port on the main board is bad. The protocol adapter should not be bad as it was not directly connected to the EasyTouch when the lightning hit.

Thanks,

Jim R.

> When they came out and replaced the main card, did they look at the pump to see if it said "Display not Active" or did they just take it out because the pump was not running?

Yes - when they temporarily replaced the main board they did indeed check to see if the pump would say “Display not active”. It didn’t. That’s what led him to think the pump was bad too.

> I'd disconnect the black transceiver and reconnect the 4 wires between the EasyTouch J20 and the Protocol Adapter and try it again, just to make sure.

I went ahead and tried one more time. This time I could login! But - it didn’t seem like the app was affecting EasyTouch nor vice versa. I’m not positive this isn’t just because the EEPROM has been reset but when I turned on Features (Aux 2 is usually Pool Light) on either side it didn’t sync to the other, same thing with Pool Mode / Spa Mode. The EasyTouch board does turn on the actual pool lights. The app would not.

FL,

I would think that you should be able to switch between the Pool mode and Spa mode without any programming.

Without programming the EasyTouch does know that "pool light" is Aux 2

In ScreenLogic if you switch between Pool and Spa mode, does the display of the EasyTouch change from Pool to Spa?

Well, I was hoping that we could find something simple so that you would not have to buy three pieces of equipment, but it does not look hopeful.

When they installed the in main card, did they test it with ScreenLogic disconnected? I would assume they did.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: FL904
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.