Automation problem RS6 with Pentair VS pump

Teddyadams

Mar 8, 2021
The Woodlands
Good morning, I have searched all over and can't find an answer. I am hoping someone can help me out. Background - I have a aqualink RS6, its connected to an intermediate controller (aquaconnect, I think) that connects to my pentair VS pump, my SWCG is connected to my cleaner button.
A few weeks ago, the back light on the display came on in the middle of the night. Weird, but no big deal. I turned the back light off and it came back on a few hours later. 2 days later all the lights come on (filter, cleaner, etc, etc) I get the REV BB error, so I assume it lost connection. I check all of the connections and they are all good, but at this point the controller is working again. The next night, all the LED lights are on and I get the error for a bad temp sensor. In the middle of the night it flashes on and off. 2 things have happened, but I don't know if they are related. 1. I replaced the 9v battery when the back light came on 2. The weather is slightly cooler. (Houston, so from 95 to 85). I thought a lizard or bug may have gotten in the service panel, but I didn't see one when I opened it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
So my initial thought is maybe you have freeze protect on more auxs and your air temperature sensor has failed (default:filter pump only)
To check if a sensor is open
1632889350408.jpeg
If the air temp is open I would replace
You can disable freeze protect on different aux if they are indeed enabled as a trial and monitor.
1632889491951.jpeg
If this doesn’t fix the issue I would say it’s most likely a bad spa side remote, or bad board. But we can figure that out if it comes.

Reactions: Teddyadams
Thank you. I hadn't thought about the sensor causing the system to go in to freeze protection. I will try this and report back. Last night I had no issues, so I hope it isn't the board starting to go. It is ONLY 20ish years old (I think). I know it isn't the spa side remote, I forgot to mention that it has been dead and disconnected for years. If it is the board, I will probably replace the whole thing from power center to controller with something more modern that I can control from my wifi enabled toaster. Thanks..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.