Automation for Hayward Equipment...OmniPL?

tech135797531

Jun 14, 2019
FL
While I'm trying to get rid of algae after being out of town for a few week and having a neighbor "watch" after my pool, I'm seriously thinking about getting some automation with remote (phone) control. All my equipment is Hayward, listed in my signature. I've stated researching over the last 2 days and also spoke with the manager of the nearest Pinch a Penny, a pretty knowledgeable guy. My most important needs are the ability to control the SWCG and pump and ideallty be able to test the FC and PH which a couple of systems seem to be able to do, along with remote access. So a couple of questions:

1. The Hayward OmniPL seems to be the sweet spot. It doesn't have all the features of the Onmilogic that I wouldn't need but costs less. And it has the ability to control the SWCG which the OmniHub can potentially by adding the Omni Smart Control Daughter. Is the OmniPL indeed the right choice out of the Hayward lineup?
2. A neighbor found on ebay a recently discontinued version of the Pentair Intelliconnect for his Pentair equipment for $400 new and it does the basics (pump, SWCG, heat pump). Can non-hayward hardware interface with a hayward pump or SWCG? I'd guess no or not easily and my research is inconclusive. I'm sure it can do on/off stuff (eg heater).

Pinch-a-Penny quoted me $2069 for the OmniPL or $944 for the OmniHub + $107 for the control daughter with $600 on labor for both. I would want to do it myself. I can't find any pricing online, I have no idea if it's high or low. Can anyone provide some guidance on pricing or a suggestion on where to look for an OmniPL?

Thank you!

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Or at least know of a good way to find a source for the OmniPL online? Or at least maybe suggest what's a good price for it?
Omnipl is only available to dealers, you cant buy it online. you can go to local dealers and see if they can order for you . while back polytec pools had it i think omnipl with t15 cell was like $1800. do search for "omnipl" and some old forums had pricing. i have it and i love it, my builder tried to push the old setup with antenna and modem but i told him about omniPL . he was able to order one and he got a hayward rep to come and install mine as this was the first one he was installing. Omnilogic was way overkill but omnipl is priced right and works great so far. perfect for most pools. Good luck.

* I found the pricing from old forum. last year this what polytec listed them for before they took them down.
HLBPRO4SW - $1699.95
HLBPLUS4W - $1999.95

Last edited:
* I found the pricing from old forum. last year this what polytec listed them for before they took them down.
HLBPRO4SW - $1699.95
HLBPLUS4W - $1999.95
I called my pinch a penny again and they confirmed that they are pricing based on MSRP so $2,299 for no SWCG and $2,999 for the one with. They're running 10% off on a bunch of things for a couple of days so that brings it down to $2,070 and $2,700 plus tax. My SWCG is 2 years old so I'd get the HLBPLUS4W and save the SWCG until it's tine for replacement, but not at MSRP. I guess I need to start calling around to see if anyone can do better. Prices these days are insane.

I called my pinch a penny again and they confirmed that they are pricing based on MSRP so $2,299 for no SWCG and $2,999 for the one with. They're running 10% off on a bunch of things for a couple of days so that brings it down to $2,070 and $2,700 plus tax. My SWCG is 2 years old so I'd get the HLBPLUS4W and save the SWCG until it's tine for replacement, but not at MSRP. I guess I need to start calling around to see if anyone can do better. Prices these days are insane.
yeap, everyone is charging a premium and all pool equipment is hard to come by. my PB told me he is having hard time getting these panels. Good Luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.