Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Soon, I’ll be installing the Intellicenter for our pool. We also have a cover from Automatic Pool Covers, Inc. It’s an older unit.

I see that there’s an expansion card for the Intellicenter that people use with a rotary encoder limit switch. Our cover’s manufacturer doesn’t sell one.

My question is does anyone have any other ideas of what I could use to tell the intellicenter the cover is open/closed? A regular limit switch? Contact sensors? Maybe something else that would integrate with the Intellicenter via nodejs-poolcontroller?

I’ve done quite a bit with home automation, there’s got to be a solution. And to be clear, I’m not asking to automate the cover opening/closing. I want to be able to get it’s status into the intellicenter so it can adjust the SWG output accordingly. Thanks!

You need a "normally open" sensor with a a strip magnet that inserts into the webbing pocket of the cover (next to the rope). So when the pool is fully uncovered, the magnet lands on the sensor (sensor will screw into the track guide (metal piece that the cover feeds in at the mechanism end). When the magnet lands on the sensor, it opens the circuit. The 2 wires from the sensor will eventually tie into the cover module (wire will have to be added). If you can't get the correct parts, email me and I can help [email protected]

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.