DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
So I have read several DIY setups for probes to monitor PH and eve dose acid. However most of those were several years old. I am wondering now that time has past if there is a packaged unit for doing this and what folks recommend or have feedback on.

I fight PH on our pool here and it is one item I would like to add some automation to. While I am not scared of DIY just thinking someone has created a system more plug and play.

For starters, maintain PH in the low 7s and the TA will come down to 60 or 70. That'll help keep the PH from rising so quickly.

How often do you run your water features ? They contribute to the PH rise also, so you only want to run them twice a day to flush them for 15 mins when you're not out there enjoying them.

Red,

I have three saltwater pools in the DFW area and add a little Muriatic acid about once a week to every 10 days..

I have thought about adding an automated feeder, but it really is not much of an effort to add a little MA since I am there anyway.

All my pools normally have their TA in the 50 to 60 ppm range..

I just try to keep my pH between 7.2 and 7.8. I don't add any MA unless the pH goes over 7.8

How much MA are you using and what is your target pH number??

Thanks,

Jim R.

For starters, maintain PH in the low 7s and the TA will come down to 60 or 70. That'll help keep the PH from rising so quickly.

How often do you run your water features ? They contribute to the PH rise also, so you only want to run them twice a day to flush them for 15 mins when you're not out there enjoying them.
I have them set to exactly what you mention just to keep lines clean and with fresh water. However in the summer its a battle cause we run them a lot plus the spa is used a lot. SO we get a lot of PH increase from this not to mention the SWG. No need in paying for water features if you cant use them.

Red,

I have three saltwater pools in the DFW area and add a little Muriatic acid about once a week to every 10 days..

I have thought about adding an automated feeder, but it really is not much of an effort to add a little MA since I am there anyway.

All my pools normally have their TA in the 50 to 60 ppm range..

I just try to keep my pH between 7.2 and 7.8. I don't add any MA unless the pH goes over 7.8

How much MA are you using and what is your target pH number??

Thanks,

Jim R.
In the summer a gallon per week. I am looking at the same ranges on PH which you have. I dont think the new plaster would still be causing an increase at this point right?

In the summer a gallon per week. I am looking at the same ranges on PH which you have. I dont think the new plaster would still be causing an increase at this point right?
What causes pH rise?
High TA
Low pH
New Plaster up to 24 months after install

Lower your TA as @Newdude indicated...reduce it to 60-80 and your pH rise will slow.

After you get your TA down, stop lowering your pH to the low 7s as you are doing. Lower pH causes more rapid pH rise. Get your TA down, then let your pH sit at 7.8-8.0...your acid additions will slow and be smaller.

If you have newish plaster, it make take up to a couple years to low the pH rise.

+1. Those of us with SWGs run lower TA (in range) with higher PH (also in range) and the PH stays more stable around 7.8.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.