Autocover with low water level

bkfamily1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
North Canton, OH
I have an auto cover. I am trying to identify a leak in the pool. Since I am about ready to close the pool, and the water level needs to go down anyway, I am allowing the water level to drop from the leak hoping it will stop at some point, and I can figure out where the leak is based on where it stops dropping. I want to continue to use the auto cover so that is it is easy to open and close the pool to see what is happening and access the pool as needed. However, the water level is pretty low, and the cover is no longer "floating" on the water. Is that okay as long as I am sure to keep rain from accumulating on the cover? Or do I need to give up and put the winter cover on while I figure this out?

Thanks

An auto-cover is designed to be supported by water. If it isn't, it will sag and stretch. If you're lucky, it won't break, but stretching may cause wrinkles which will eventually tear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.