Attention Landscapers/Auto Cover Experts... help needed

mummer43

Jul 31, 2016
Lehigh Valley, PA
We have had our pool under construction since May and we have finally made some progress. The pavers went in this past week and I am unhappy with the way the landscaper laid them out around the auto cover box. My intention is to have the cover totally hidden but he laid out a border that basically accentuates the lines of of the cover underneath. I discussed it with him and I am not sure he understands what he needs to do. I would like both ends of the pool to like identical or as close to identical as possible. He is going to take a look at it again on Monday but i would like to educate myself of how this can be accomplished. I have included some photos for reference.

IMG_5220.jpegIMG_5219.jpeg

IMG_5223.jpeg

I don't understand what you look you want.

Do you want to get rid of the dark grey stones and run the light grey stones to the edges?

How about drawing up the design you want him to follow?

Last edited:
show him this picture.. Have him stop the bloack border along the yellow line and then have him take the pavers right up to that line along the arrows. Remeber once the cover paver metal holder is in there you can put the pavers on top of it.. :)

1632584999499.png

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
show him this picture.. Have him stop the bloack border along the yellow line and then have him take the pavers right up to that line along the arrows. Remeber once the cover paver metal holder is in there you can put the pavers on top of it.. :)

View attachment 374103
How do you hold up the pavers and still follow the pattern? I understand you have to lay the pavers on something but can you point me to examples of how this is accomplished?

it is actually a cover paver holder that they should supply.. It may have to be ordered for a price.. :)

Extended-Vanishing-Lid-w.jpg

111-021-w.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like Coverstar calls them "walk on lids" :)

This is just one of the trays..

And 1 bracket..

And here is one being installed :)

Here is a link to a similar post.
I have posted pics there on what we ended up doing for our cover box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.