Are we able to swim yet?

AustinTennis

Jul 12, 2020
Austin
Hi all - we are getting near the finish line on our new pool (pics coming soon!) and I am wondering if we can swim yet.

Our pebble, which is Signature Matrix, went in starting last Monday and finished up the next day. There was a problem with one of our pumps so it is all running on the small pump until the bigger one comes in. Our builder was comfortable with us swimming last week but that seemed soon so I thought I'd check here to be sure. We plan to order our own kit but I went to Leslie's yesterday afternoon to see what the water looked like (pic below). Chlorine is very low which I think was intentional while everything cured? Do we need to wait until there is more chlorine or for anything else before letting the kids swim?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5579.jpg
    IMG_5579.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 19
No... well, I would personally, but it's not really recommended.

I know that urge!! Especially with a new pool.

In all honesty, I'd wait...it'll make it that much more special when you get in :sneaky:...knowing you have a clean pool with the proper balancing.

Your FC is extremely low, and your CC is high, considering your FC level. Make sure to take a look at Pool School and read through all the articles...they're honestly extremely helpful, and easy to grasp for a new pool owner!

You'll also want to get your CYA level up, once you get some chlorine added in the pool. You can view the Chlorine/CYA chart here.

As most users here, I'd recxomend ordering one of the reccomended test kits, which you can find a list compared here.

Good luck, and congrats on your new pool!

Reactions: AustinTennis
The pool water is perfectly fine for swimming. Especially considering it as a fresh fill a week old. If you would take a bath in the fill water then enjoy your swim in it.

Haha. Thank you, all!

I’m a pool newbie and this forum has been so helpful with the build process.

Now I’m going to do all the reading for maintaining properly and will order the recommmended kit!

Tonight will be our first swim!
Enjoy it! Can't say I didn't jump in before the pool was even filled up myself..haha.

Reactions: AustinTennis

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.