New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Not a fan of using strip tests (previous owners left them for us). Are digital readers not recommended? If not, what is the alternative and likewise if there are good ones what are they...

Thank you. Is the ph meter option worth it? Or just stick with the test kit plus smart stir?

The speed stir is almost mandatory. It makes testing so much easier and maybe even a bit more acurite for titration tests.

I have a half decent pH meter but I don’t use it much due to the calibration it needs for validity. If they’re not calibrated regularly and stored properly they are just an expensive paper weight. The storage and calibrations solutions cost just as much as the meter.

I have used a calibrated salt meter for a long time now, when used and stored properly they tend to hold their calibration quite well. However these are only really useful for those of us with SWG’s and plaster surfaces, it gives me salt and temperature which are both needed to track my CSI.

Photo meters have limitations and if your going to have just one kit a TF100 or Taylor K2006C would be a way better choice.

All digital meters use some form of measurement technique that is then translated using algorithms or conversion factors that will inherently decrease the accuracy.

Ok, thanks guys.

We are upgrading to salt when we open the pool next Spring... so, I imagine the testing might be a bit different then.

Should I get the speed stir or smart stir? (I know one of them is backordered)

Anything else off that list I should get?

Should I get the speed stir or smart stir? (I know one of them is backordered)
Either is the same and will the trick. Its the best money you can spend on your pool IMO (in its price range).

You also need the salt test add on if you're definitley switching. Get the $25 TF-100 salt option instead of the k-1766 test for $36. It's the exact same thing in a different box. Save $9 and package it.

At that point, the TF-Pro-salt is only $26 more with a really nice case. Included is the speed stir and salt kit. Up to you if you want to upgrade the TF100 and skip the case, or get the nice case model.

The XL option is great for beginners who will be testing more often until everything clicks. By year 2 the regulat supplies are plenty to get through the season, if not 2 seasons.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am not switching to a salt system until next season... but I can use the salt kit for what I need to do with my current setup?

Just not use the salt portion, as of now.

With the XL option it'll be just around $200.

Good enough?

but I can use the salt kit for what I need to do with my current setup?
It's the same kit but with 2 extra bottles for the salt test. The expiration dates are usually 2 years from TFTESTKITS, and you can easily get by making it 2.1 years to make that whole season.
With the XL option it'll be just around $200.

Good enough?
Not good. Amazing. (y)

Reactions: summertimesadness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.