Are all these 10+ chemicals really neccessary?

The various HTH kits found at places like Wal-Mart serve a short-term purpose for those who really need to test pH, TA and low levels of chlorine really quickly. I know some of their tests also have a limited amount of reagent for a CH, CYA, and bromine tests, but I've never used them for those so I'm not so sure on the accuracy for those tests. But in a pinch, it's better than nothing, and certainly better than strips. But those kits don't have the FAS-DPD (powder & drops) to test very accurate levels of FC (and CC) over 5 ppm.

As for the salesman's comment .... :hammer:

The 5 way HTH test kit is not bad, except if just does not give you enough reagents for some of the test, like the CYA test I think it gives you enough to check CYA about 3 times. Having said that it will likely work good enough for a hot tub where you plan to dump water periodically and you can add calculated amounts of CYA, this is unlike a pool where you have to worry about rain dilution, etc.

Now you need to make a choice, listen to all the people on here that are fellow hot tub owners and gain nothing from your actions, or listen to the spin that the salesman is trying to put on products in order to sell you something.

That's good, sounds like you got it all figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.