Aquavac 500 ds troubles

RSpear

May 24, 2017
London, Ontario
Going into our 3rd year with this and not very impressed this far for price tag.
My current issue is that it is not moving, does not do anything under water (water doesn't bubble up at start).
The prop turns freely and the wheels gears seem to be rotating correctly. I also replaced the drive belt a few months ago.
I'm thinking the motor is burnt out. Not sure what else it could be.. the electrical line seems to be intact as well and power is going through the caddy.

Can anyone comment on whether I should take it to get fixed or just buy something out better value?

Assuming it'll be at least $100 to diagnose and the motor is $700 to replace plus labor.

Going into our 3rd year with this and not very impressed this far for price tag.
My current issue is that it is not moving, does not do anything under water (water doesn't bubble up at start).
The prop turns freely and the wheels gears seem to be rotating correctly. I also replaced the drive belt a few months ago.
I'm thinking the motor is burnt out. Not sure what else it could be.. the electrical line seems to be intact as well and power is going through the caddy.

Can anyone comment on whether I should take it to get fixed or just buy something out better value?

Assuming it'll be at least $100 to diagnose and the motor is $700 to replace plus labor.

Had the same issue wtih Aquavac 500. Fortunately, mine was still under warranty. It took them 4 or 5 tries to fix it, each time I had to drive it 60 miles to the service center (and each time I brought it home, it still wouldn't work). Finally, hayward sent me a new one. Here I am 1 year later and the new one has stopped working. Truly unbelievable for a $1,000 robotic cleaner.

So did you get the second one replaced? My replacement just went and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the effort in dealing with Hayward again.

I tried calling numerous Hayward Authorized Service Centers, NONE of them work on the Aquavac 500. So I was stuck going back to the original location which was 60 miles away in Los Angeles traffic (that means 90 minutes to 2.25 hours each way). I simply didn't have the time to go back and forth and deal with that again. I purchased a Dolphin 30i recently. I am done with the Hayward Aquavac. I will say, when it worked, I though it worked well.

I have lived with the AquaVac 500 stuck on my drain or flipped upside down for almost a year. New Motor, new fan blades, let the pool company use it at their house for a weekend to see it DOES NOT WORK. They said they would give me a special price on the new AquaVac 650. Waiting for it to come out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.