Aquasport 52 permit issue.

Chapstick

Mar 27, 2022
NJ
Hello everybody. I’m trying to get permits for a semi inground aquasport 52 install and I’ve hit a wall. The town is treating it like an in ground pool install and wants to see the documentation that came with the pool. It says right on the first page “it shall be built on a level base above ground”. They won’t give me permits to install it. I see dozens of installs on the internet. Did all these people do it without permits ?

Unfortunately anything open to interpretation comes down to the person interpreting it.

I would go there with the manuals and maybe if they see it they will understand it better. If you tell them over the phone that you're digging, that's 'in ground'.

Reactions: Mdragger88
What town are you in?

Read your local zoning rules concerning pools. It is likely the zoning rules on pool placement make no differentiation between in-ground or above ground. My town does not. A pool is a pool and must meet all zoning setback and construction requirements. For the permit review they want information on the structure that will be built.

Also to the permit people there is no such thing as semi-inground. If you dig down then the pool is in ground.

Reactions: Mdragger88
They want a raised stamp from an engineer about the structural integrity of the pool being buried. I tracked down the engineer that designed it in 1995 and he’s dead. Waiting for a reply from the town.

You will need to navigate what will satisfy the bureaucrats.

Do you know the Mayor or anyone on the town council? Or a town attorney? You need to ask for advice on what they are looking for and what alternatives you have to satisfy them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.