Aquarite with NO FLOW

LV Desert Pool

May 10, 2023
Las Vegas, NV
I have had an Aqurite (AR) chlorinating system installed on my pool for probably 15- maybe 20 years. Last year I upgraded the Pentair automation from Suntouch to Intellitouch (IT) . I replaced the AR control box at the same time- the original has some dark areas on the PCB and the tranformer also had some dark spots on it. The AR is connected to the IT via the 4 wire com ports. The cell is an aftermarket t-15 and has worked as expected since install a couple years ago. The system has been working as expected until about a month ago when I had no cholrine when tested and discovered the no flow light blinking.

Trouble shooting included:

Filter was cleaned and elements acid/chlorine washed. good flow and pressures on restart. No leaks or air bubbles
- Tested the flow switch (hinge type) which had good continuity tested at the RJ-11 plug with pump running. I replaced it with the metal leaf contact type just for comparison- solid continuity when pump was on. good pressure on filter gauge- NO FLOW Light went off for a short period when the pump was started but then started blinking in less than 1 minute.
- I jumped the RJ-11 contacts on the PCB with a flat head screw driver- no change
- Replaced PCB with aftermarket, verified that the T-cell 15 was selected and started the pump- no change
-Retested flow switch- good continuity
-Jumped RJ-11 contact on PCB- no change

Looks like good pressure and the flow switcvh is functioning properly.

What am I missing?

If you Jumped RJ-11 contact on PCB- no change with a new board then the board is defective,

Did you hold the jumper for 30 seconds and jump the correct contacts?

The flow switch light will blink for about 30 seconds from the time it detects a closed flow switch and then the light should go out.

If the light is on steady, then it thinks that the flow switch is open.

Hayward_Aquarite_GLX-PCB-XXXX_RJ11_PinOut.jpg