Aquarite SWCG problems

Lewis778

Jul 12, 2020
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Moved from here.
Help! New pool owner about a month. Inspect salt cell is blinking. This is a first for me and I have no clue what to do. It’s a Hayward aquarite 900 series. Salt level shows 3100. It ranges between that and 3200. We did do a 15 minute backwash last night just because we thought we needed to since we haven’t backwashed in over a week and usually we only do it for about a minute or two. Could this be the reason for the inspect cell light blinking and it just needs to be cleaned. If so how do we clean it??

C0d3Sp4c3

Dec 10, 2018
NorCal
For the Aquarite, the Inspect Salt Cell blinking signifies that the cell had reached 500 hrs of use or scheduled 3 month cell inspection time.
Inspect cell, clean if necessary and press the display button for 3 seconds to turn off flashing indicator.

Testimony: I keep my pool water chemistry in check all year round and I have not inspected or cleaned my T-cell since installation 4 yrs ago.
Sorry, no experience here in cleaning the cell but you will get a lot of hits on how to do just that by using the Forum Search tool. Here's one to reference "How to clean a Hayward T15 cell"

Last edited:

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
I recommend pulling the cell and examining it for scale. If you see it, try to remove it by shooting a jetted hose spray through it first. If it doesn't come clean, follow the cleaning procedure noted above using diluted MA. Use a strap wrench to loosen/tighten the unions on the cell to remove/reinstall.

Each time you use MA to clean it, a bit of life of the plates is removed. If you do have scaling, then keep a closer eye on your CSI (its a composite index based on your chemical levels). You want it between -.3 and 0 to avoid scaling in a cell.