Aquarite Not generating - lights not on

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Summerspa,
No I missed the pdf on your last post, thanks. Where exactly in it were you referring to?

One interesting thing that I just read in there was that the check salt and inspect cell light will come on when it is unplugged. This all started when I unplugged the cell to clean it and forgot to plug it back in. I have pushed it in over and over, never quite knowing if it was making proper contact. I may focus on that tomorrow morning. It is clearly not getting the feedback info it needs on the board in order to generate.

Wow! God bless the internet and a great bunch of people who just saved me at least $500 by ordering the Digi-key part. A special thanks to Peggy who posted the part number back in 2008 and the fellow who suggested it in the first place. Knowledge is power! Thanks again.

Add me to the list. Came home from vacation on Sunday to a green pool....no lights on chlorinator. Same situation as everyone else. Ordered the part from digi-key. Spent more time taking the board off than actually replacing. Put back in and presto, all is good. So glad for the folks here and thanks for helping me not go crazy.

One other comment about removing / replacing the AS32 2R025 current limiter. I found that a 25w soldering iron was insufficient to melt the solder either during the desoldering or soldering steps. The leads on the AS32 2R025 are beefy copper, and act as a great heat sink. I ended up using a soldering iron that allowed temporary boost (up to 30 seconds) to 100w output. That did the trick.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just replaced the current limiter as per the posts on the first page. It was too easy...and it seems to have worked. Power and Generating chlorine lights are back on and all is good. Will monitor the chlorine levels as a true indicator of success.

By the way. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and ordered the part from Digi-Key last night at 7:00 PM. It arrived at my house this morning at 10:00 AM. The job was done within half an hour with an over-abundance of caution (photos taken, wiring checked three times). I don't know whether to thank UPS or Digi-Key first, but I can tell you I'm so impressed with both services for getting the limiter to me so quickly. Finally a really positive pool repair experience. Thanks so much to everyone on the board for this great info. Saved $1,000 on a new system by taking this on.

JC

Arrgh, looks like the current limiter on ours just crapped out. I contacted the local pool supplier who is advising me that because the circuit board was replaced last year, it's not original equipment and will not be covered under warranty even though it is still within the three year warranty period.

Does this seem correct?

Regardless, I'm handy with a soldering iron and just ordered three parts from Mouser today.

I would contact Hayward and see what they say. The entire unit is under the 3 year warranty and if a part gets replaced the whole unit, including that part, is still under the 3 year warranty. Now if that part is replaced near or at the end of the warranty it has a 1 year warranty of it's own.

New Board Revision

I just installed my new Aqua Rite and noticed that the board is slightly revised from all of the videos and photos I have seen so far. The 'current limiter' appears larger now, and is mounted vertically rather than horizontally. However, the part number remains the same so maybe it is not really larger.

New part number is: AS32 2R025 1313

I did run it for about 2 minutes, turned off power, and found that the current limiter was already FAR FAR too hot to touch. I mean SUPER hot. Took about 5 minutes before I could put my finger on it without instantly pulling away. Of course, this is normal, because the limiter relies on heat as the way to reduce resistance and allow current flow. It is rated at 450 degrees F, so yes, you could cook a turkey on that box if you don't ventilate it!

Oh, and I have firmware v1.58 on this new unit.

Howdy, my 1st post :-D Mine is little over 3 years old, no lights. When I power mine up the no flow flashes for a while then goes away, then the generating light comes on, then it goes off - no lights. I checked the 20 amp fuse too, it was good.

Ordered my inrush current limiter in, changed it out, seems like that fixed it - thanks for this board :goodjob:

Just replaced the board on my Aqua Rite after replacing the cell one month ago. Still no lights (after no flow flashing for about a minute and then generating lighting up for 30 seconds). Now what? New cell and new board should equal chlorine and no more green pool. Very frustrated.

Also - I'm not an electrician, so what should the voltage and current readings be?

Thanks

Jodi

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.