Aquarite 900 with TC-9 Too much Chlorine Generation?

May 21, 2014
Weston, CT
Hi All,

I'm stumped. I just installed a TC9 last week, and was expecting the gen to barely be able to keep up with my 16X32 ~24000 gallons.
Originally I had it set at 100% and had the pump running ~22 hours per day. The chlorine quickly started to rise, with various cut backs on % generation and pump run time.

Today I checked my chlorine at was near 20! I subsequently cut back to 30% gen and maybe 14 hours of pump run.

What confuses me is that I thought the cell would barely keep up at almost 100% in 24 hours.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Bryan

Hey Brian,

The TC9 produces 0.98 lbs of chlorine gas daily, enough to raise FC by ~4.7 ppm in 24 hours (~4.3 in 22 hours). How's the weather been? Here is sunny CA, my pool is burning about 2.5 ppm per day in full sun. Your FC loss is likely less.

How confident are you on pool volume? 25,000 gallons in a 16' X 32' pool would need to be pretty deep.

With elevated FC level, shut down the SWG for 24 hours and run a daily FC loss test. Test at a given time and again 24 hours later. Set SWG to match daily loss.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.