Aqualink RS4 went out

beej210

Dec 24, 2020
Dallas, TX
So I wake up this morning and my RS4 all button control panel is frozen. Press the reset button and all the lights stay on with 6700 Rev C on the screen. Can't get it to turn off. Followed troubleshooting steps, removed backup battery, turned power off and back on. Nothing still same thing. The main unit is still working and running on the current timer. I figure I either need to replace the PCB or the wiring. The wiring will be a giant pain the Rear to pull it through, and the PCB isn't cheap. So I figure I need to either upgrade to the IQ-20 and go wireless or do something like a Pentair Intelliconnect. The intelliconnect is MUCH cheaper than the IQ-20. About $275 vs $1000

I have an intelliflo single stage pump, LED pool light, and I was planning on adding a circupool RJ-60 SWG this spring. Plus 2 actuators that control the tanning ledge bubblers and the sheer decent. I think the intelliconnect would work for me EXCEPT for the 2 actuators. Oh, and for what it's worth I have a maytronics cleaner with it's own app to control it.

Here's my question... does anyone have a work around or figured out another something to wireless control the actuators? Or is there another option for me?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Welcome to TFP.

Rev C is the first version of Aqualink from 1996. I suggest you get the IQ20-RS which will give you a new updated board with the wireless equipment.

The Pentair IntelliConnect is an entry level automation system without a Load Center that does not compare to your Aqualink RS.

Since you are planning to get a SWG consider getting the IntelliCenter bundle with the IntelliChlor IC60. I think it will cost you about the same as the Circupool RJ-60 + IQ20RS. At the end you will end up with a better system in my opinion.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.