Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Hello TFP.

I have recently completed work on a solar system for my pool and I am now ready to have it operated by my Aqualink system. I have the Jandy valve wired into the controller and it works. I have the in house control panel and when the pump is running and I press the Solar button the valve changes into the solar position. My problem is I don't know how to automate the whole setup. I have recently moved into this house and have never had a pool before. We don't have any instructions and the instructions I can find online aren't the instructions for my system. I think I have REV. F. There is only one set of dip switches not two and none of these seem to have anything to do with solar. I have included a picture of the inside of my outdoor control box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_1997.JPG

Thanks for the response. Yes I did install a solar temp sensor. I looked at the manual you referenced ajw22 but it looks like that board has two sets of dip switches and two of those are related to solar. My board only had one set of dip switches none of witch has anything to do with solar. Update - I looked at system setup, system diagnostics and it read REV 8158 MMM

Last edited:
If memory serves, No dip switch control, but you need to make the solar a priority for it to function by the thermostat control. Then go into the "set temp" menu and adjust your desired temp accordingly.
Do you have the "All button" type controller or "One touch" type?

Hint: You want to stay away from the "Maintain temp" feature!

Pool Clown, I have the All Button controller. When I scroll through the system setup menu there is not a solar priority choice. In its place is heat pump priority. I don’t have a heat pump. The choices are on and off. This is where I get stuck.

And just to make sure
You have the heat pump priority set to off?
You have the solar temp sensor polarity correct (pin 3 black and 4 red)?
This temp sensor is a genuine Jandy product?
The solar temp sensor is on the roof or in the sun (Not in the pipe like the water temp sensor)?

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply Pool Clown. So to answer your questions, yes I do have the heat pump priority set to off. Yes the solar temp sensor is on the 3 and 4 pin. Now the polarity was something I didn't think about so I checked it and it was correct. Now I don't think my solar sensor is a Jandy product. But what I did was to put the air sensor (which was an original sensor as far as i know) onto pins 3 and 4 and put the solar sensor onto 7 and 8, it didn't make any difference. And then I put them back where they were. And yes the solar sensor is located with the solar panels and is not in any shade.
So I have been messing around with the All Button panel. I made sure that when I press the solar button that the solar valve changes position to route water through the panels. I also double checked that the solar valve is plugged into the jva slot marked solar. The red light comes on above the solar button, but the lcd panel says "Heat Pump Enabled". I don't know what to make of that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a gas heater. I changed the #8 dip switch from off to on, turned off the power, took out the battery and let it sit that way for 3 minutes and turned it on again. There was no change. So I did it again this time changing #8 back to off and again no change. I don’t know what is involved with a reset and how much programming would be involved after the reset so I’m hesitant in doing that. I’m starting to wonder if this single dip switch board doesn’t have actual Solar functionality.

Im sure its something simple we are overlooking. There is that chance that there is something going on with the board or the firmware though. I don't know if this guy can help you over the phone. He is the one that designed theses boards for Jandy. He now has a board repair service. Would definitely be worth a phone call. Be sure to be at the panel(s) when you call in the event he wants to walk you through something.
Good Luck!

BP Electronics

Thanks for you help Pool Clown. I figured there might be a problem with the board. I’ll keep messing with it. If nothing else it could be a reason to upgrade.

The board that determines what features you have with your Aqualink and what rev you are on is the small board pictured below. These run around $200-$800 on ebay (depends on feature set). When you perform a system reset, it is this board's memory that is cleared out. The picture below is my original board from when I replaced it with the RS version of the board from the original PDA version.

1586780446984.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.