AquaLink RS Not supplying power to pool Lights Junction Box

I just replaced the lights for our pool. When I went to wire them up I realized there is no power going to them from the Aqualink RS. All other items on the Aqualink are working. I can even hear the sound when I turn the lights on with the clicking. I tested the red and black wires coming into the Lights junction box and no power. Is their a separate fuse for each AUX item in the aqualink RS or could the relay be shot? Thanks

J,
I agree with Poolbreh...

90% of the time the problem is a popped GFCI. Your system could be using a GFCI breaker, but a lot of systems use a GFCI outlet in the side of the automation box. If you have an outlet, check to see if it is working, my guess it is not. Just reset it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: guinness
So a GFCI plus on the BBQ might only be effecting the lights VS the rest of the Aqualink RS like pump and all other items that go through it?
J,

Not sure I understand, but the GFCI we are taking about most likely only controls the pool lights. It would be a GFCI breaker that inside your automation, or a GFCI outlet mounted to the side of your automation.

It would not be located at your BBQ station.

Thanks,

Jim R.

J,

Not sure I understand, but the GFCI we are taking about most likely only controls the pool lights. It would be a GFCI breaker that inside your automation, or a GFCI outlet mounted to the side of your automation.

It would not be located at your BBQ station.

Thanks,

Jim R.
The breaker for the lights is not tripped. It has been turned off and back on multiple times. I think the problem lies in the Aqualink RS unit. I guess the breaker could go bad as well.

The breaker for the lights is not tripped. It has been turned off and back on multiple times. I think the problem lies in the Aqualink RS unit. I guess the breaker could go bad as well.

The pool lights are often GFCI protected by being wired through the LOAD side of a GFCI outlet in or near the Aqualink panel.

Breakout your multimeter and start testing the voltage from the CB to the Aqualink light relay to the light and see where along the path you lose it.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue a couple years back, mine ended up being a faulty relay controlling my light feature in the Aqualink control box... in my case there's actually what I'll call side A and B on the relay, with side A the one that was in use and faulty... Side B was unused, I tested it with my multimeter and it showed to be OK, so I just swapped the wiring over to it, and everything began working again just fine... I did order and now have a new relay, so I can replace it if it finally goes bad on the B side... buts its been 2 years and all is well...good luck!

I had a similar issue a couple years back, mine ended up being a faulty relay controlling my light feature in the Aqualink control box... in my case there's actually what I'll call side A and B on the relay, with side A the one that was in use and faulty... Side B was unused, I tested it with my multimeter and it showed to be OK, so I just swapped the wiring over to it, and everything began working again just fine... I did order and now have a new relay, so I can replace it if it finally goes bad on the B side... buts its been 2 years and all is well...good luck!
Can you take a picture of what you mean? Did you take another relay from another Aux port and switched out the one for the faulty one? Trying to picture what you did. Thanks in advance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.