Long Island , NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi, I have an aquabot junior that I have been using for about three years in my 18x33 above ground vinyl pool. This year I had to patch two holes in the liner on the lower wall right where the pool walls are joined and bolted together. I suspect that the installers did not adequately cover that lower area with duct tape before installing the liner. The patch was successful but now I am a little paranoid about using the aquabot due to the scrubbing action of the device. I am considering selling the aquabot junior and purchasing the Aquabot POOL ROVER S2 40 which does not have the scrubbing action. Are my fears unfounded about the junior? I would appreciate and feed back on the issue. Thanks, John

If the patch is done right, there shouldn't be any immediate effects. Over time, there may be. I'd just keep and eye on it and see how everything pans out.

I'm not sure the brushes are stiff enough to pull up the patch, considering the edges are pretty secure. From what I gather the brushes are very flimsy and can only mover loose debris.

Thanks for the input. Paranoia won out and I sold the aquabot on E-bay. I went back to my old Hayward Aquadroid and found that it works better than the aquabot. The aquabot used to miss areas requiring me to run it multiple times in order to clean the whole pool. Sometimes cheaper and simpler win out !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.