Aqua Rite reading false reading and "Hi" already tried calibrating.

I just bought a Hayward T-cell 15. I also replaced the flow switch. The display shows about 4100 ppm when in fact the pool store tested it and they got 2800 ppm. Sometimes it show "HI" and because of this it won't generate salt. I have tried to calibrate the cell by sliding the switch to OFF and back to AUTO, waited until it clicked and hit the button 5 times to see the instant. It did go down to 3800 ppm so I went thru the steps to set the ppm in. This only lasts a few minutes and then it goes back to what I previously described.

I replaced my motherboard last year. The Hayward says that I have to run software revision r1.5, however mine says r8.80. Also there is no way for me to check what T-cell I am using on my display. My display shows the
4200 average salt,
1. 90 temp,
2. 23.8voltage when generating and then 31.0 when it shows not generating,
3. 7.84 amp when generating and 0 when not generating,
4. 100p,
5.-4200 instant salt,
6.88-0 (not sure what that is for) and r8.80.
7. Back to Average salt.
There are no other displays.

Is the motherboard the problem? Help!

You have an aftermarket generic circuit board.

Assuming it works the same as Hayward, the unit errors out at 8.0 amps.

Assuming that the amps really are hitting 8.0, your salinity is probably closer to the box reading.

You need a K-1766 salt test kit.

You're going to need to get your salinity way down, especially with the high water temperature.

Last edited:
You have an aftermarket generic circuit board.

Assuming it works the same as Hayward, the unit errors out at 8.0 amps.

Assuming that the amps really are hitting 8.0, your salinity is probably closer to the box reading.

You need a K-1766 salt test kit.

You're going to need to get your salinity way down, especially with the high water temperature.
Yes it is a generic board.
The water tested at the pool store at 2800ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.