Oaklyn, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have an Aqua Rite Pro that was just installed last year and the salt levels have been wrong since the start. The pool builder keeps saying it will be fine but it definitely isn't. The system says the salt level is 4400( which is supposed to be the average) which is what it has said since it was installed. The instant level reads 0 and never changes as well. I have done several tests myself and even went and had a test done at the local Leslie's pool store and the test all keep coming in at 1800 - 2500. What should I do here is the controller defective or is there a way to calibrate it that I can't find in the menu?

Welcome to TFP.

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:
  • Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
  • What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?
Post pics of the labels on your cell.

It's not the basic Aquarite so that guide is useless for me mine has a different control system

Every Hayward system gives the same diagnostics for the SWG. Look in the Diagnostics section of your panel.

Welcome to TFP.

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:
  • Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
  • What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?
Post pics of the labels on your cell.
Here are some pics. It's not a basic Aqua rite so not of the standard troubleshooting guides are of any help. I'm using the TF-Pro Salt test kit.

Attachments

• Cell.jpg
    Cell.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 3
  • controller 1.jpg
    controller 1.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 3
  • swg control.jpg
    swg control.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 4
Thanks I saw all of this in the guide but there are no instructions to calibrate the salt level

There is no calibration procedure for Hayward SWGs.

The salt level is calculated by the panel based on the cell type and volts and amps the cell is pulling.

or error message to indicate why it keeps reading zero

We are trying to get you to give us the diagnostic data so we can help you pinpoint the problem.

You either have a cell problem or a board problem.

Hayward would like you to call one of their dealers to troubleshoot your system. You can cooperate with what we are trying to help you with or you can call a tech in to do it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is no calibration procedure for Hayward SWGs.

The salt level is calculated by the panel based on the cell type and volts and amps the cell is pulling.

We are trying to get you to give us the diagnostic data so we can help you pinpoint the problem.

You either have a cell problem or a board problem.

Hayward would like you to call one of their dealers to troubleshoot your system. You can cooperate with what we are trying to help you with or you can call a tech in to do it.
That’s the issue there is no diagnostic information it doesn’t have anything. There is just the settings menu and a basic info menu that has just salt,ph,orp and software versions and that’s it there is no other information available from the menu. There isn’t even an option to reverse the polarity on the cell

What do you show for Flow Switch Status on the Info page?

I wonder if your flow switch is defective and not sensing any flow.

Can you show your system?

Do you have a pH and ORP sensor?

If yes, what equipment do you have?

Is the cell being controlled by ORP?

Do you have an AQL-CHEM system installed?

It is set to tcell 15
Are you sure?

Can you show the setting on the controller?

You need a K-1766 test kit.
You also need a meter that can test salinity.

Never rely on any single salinity test.

You need at least three tests that agree to be sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.